VCV Rack modules in 3D

Hi all, recently there have been a couple of post in the FB group with 3D renders of Rack modules. By some very creative group/forum members.

So i took the liberty of going through all of FB group uploaded images (what a trip through memory lane, nice to look back at how the platform evolved from way back then :slight_smile: )

And looked up some older posts with 3D renders, to join them all here in this post. If you are a creative graphics artist and have some nice renders of VCV Rack modules, feel free to add them to this thread :slight_smile:

MindMeld Mixmaster by @xavier.belmont

Lindenberg Research - Alma by @Espen

Lindenberg Research - No!zer by @Espen

VCV Rack - Fundamentals by @David

VCV Rack Fundamentals by @David

Hora Music - Drum Sequencer by Raphael Hoffman

Hora Music - Drum Sequencer by @Raph

Koral FX - Mixovnik & Quantovnik by Tomek Sosnowski

I remember to have seen a render of Segment Generator & VCV Rack Console in the past, but i couldn’t find those anymore.

22 Likes

One more for the list, from summer 2018 :slight_smile: By Xavier Belmont

7 Likes

Xavier Belmont strikes again!

19 Likes

The renders look amazing. However it should be said, if I saw this posted somewhere not knowing what VCV Rack was, I’d be very disappointed when I later found out modules don’t look like this. Something to think about if they are ever advertised like this, there should definitely be a disclaimer to go along with it “not actual Rack module”.

If they did look like this in Rack though! :star_struck:

The VCV renders look really good especially the head-on perspective would be great if one day Rack did have this 3d look. Keep up the great work on these renders, truly astonishing!

4 Likes

freak is killer

15 Likes

Thanks for the mention. :slight_smile: It’s certainly a nice way to learn some basic modeling. You wouldn’t believe how much swearing there is over a single knob or screw. :innocent: Small improvements:

13 Likes

Wow these all look great <3

jaw dropping :scream::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Ok, I’m gonna spam the thread, I just figured out how to do the knob properly. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

@heapdump needs to see this, pretty sure he’ll love it !

Damn this is good. Anyone got these available as a skin?

What would they look like keeping shading and effects rendered from 3d to 2d

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

2 Likes

Man I could eat this… cream!

1 Like

Moar!

18 Likes

I definately prefer Entropia with everything lit up

2 Likes

I can’t help it. Let’s do them all. :smiley:

15 Likes

A classic from Xavier Belmont:

12 Likes

Is there some special technique to this? Does blender let you extrude SVG files or something?

1 Like

This makes me want Rack VR even more.

actually , you can import and extrude from a svg, but this is not the best approach, is much more simply , basically is add a plane and raster the svg as difuse texture

it is not exactly a module…

9 Likes