VCV Rack modules based on these Eurorack modules?

Anything compatible to these?

I tried to look a lot of them up, but even using Google I came up short. The sound these makes are exactly what I am looking for too.

Thank you to everyone who can help.

Pamela’s Workout - Pamela’s NEW Workout’ is a compact programmable clocked modulation source for your Eurorack modular synthesiser system. It provides 8 highly editable outputs producing various control voltage signals correlated and synced to a BPM based master clock.

• BPM based clock with tempo rates 10-300BPM.
  • 8 Clocked voltage outputs each with independent adjustable;
  • Clock divisors and multipliers from /512 to x48 including various non integer factors.
  • Gated, Triangle, Sine, Envelope & random base waveforms.
  • Waveform level and pulse width / skewing.
  • Phase, Delay and delay division (for complex swing)
  • Euclidean and random step skipping with beat based looping for rhythm creation
  • Basic quantisation of output levels to various musical scales (firmware 204+)
  • Logic operation selection at each output to combine channels. Choose between AND, OR, and XOR. (firmware 205+)
  • All output parameters assignable to x2 CV inputs with individual software offset, attenuation and monitoring.
  • Per output and group saving and loading to 200 banks.
  • Voltage and direct control of clock stop/start, reset and rate.
  • Sync to an external clock input at 48 to 1 PPQN.
  • Realtime intuitive user interface with high resolution LED display.
  • Provides dedicated DIN Sync and MIDI clock output via optional expander(s).

TM - TM is a probabilistic random sequence generator based on the research of Alan Turing. His Turing machine was a mathematical model of computation that could, in theory, create any output based on a set of instructions and input variables. In a similar way, the TM chooses random values for steps in a sequence based on the user’s probability settings. By manipulating probability and sequence length, the module can generate an infinite number of sequences. Whether you’re looking for a controlled random source, or an evolving melody generator, TM has you covered.•Probability control from full random, to locked sequence•Sequence length from 1-32 steps•Amplitude control for limiting the range of new random values•Run through a quantizer for generative melodies

Pluck doesn’t matter, nor does the Arp.

Euclid - Euclid is a rhythmic pattern generator based on ideas originally presented by Euclid, the Greek mathematician. The Euclidean algorithm can be adapted to create rhythms by taking the total number of active steps in a sequence, and then distributing them across the entirety of the pattern.

This creates cyclical rhythms that are immediately musical and can be used for everything from EDM to IDM. Bring your patches full circle with Euclid.

Euclidean pattern generator

Up to 16 steps

CV over pattern generation

Instantly musical

A-145-1 LFO - Doepfer A-145 Eurorack LFO Module Features at a Glance:

Low frequency oscillator modular for Eurorack
Three selectable frequency ranges, from one cycle every several minutes to 4-5kHz
Waveforms include saw, reverse saw, triangle, sine, and square
Sync to external signals via the Reset input.

Tune - Multi-Scale Pitch Quantizer

Tune is a multi-scale pitch quantizer. It features 11 scales ranging from chromatic to octatonic with everything in between. In addition, the bias control allows the user to transpose the melody to a different octave or starting note.

This functionality opens up every musical mode for each of its 11 scales and provides a performable control for transforming melodies on the fly.

11 scales Diatonic bias control for modal and melodic transpositions

HP Amp - A-310 Headphone Amp - mono / stereo headphone amp with active mult

A-310 Hedphones amplifier module for Eurorack / Doepfer A100 system

From top:

– +5V/+12V/-12V power bus indication LEDs – volume knob – left channel/mono input jack (when right channel jack is not plugged-in left input works as mono input) – left channel mult jack – right channel input jack – right channel mult jack

uZEUS - Micro Power Supply with Flying Bus Boards

The micro ZEUS is a 4HP power supply module for Eurorack format synthesizers. It is the smallest and most powerful power supply available for its size and price. All you have to do is plug in your module and play.

The ÎĽZEUS mixes linear and switching power technology that can produce up to 2000mA at +12V, 500mA at -12V, 170mA at +5V. For power it can use the lower cost Tiptop 1000ma or the more powerful 3000ma uZeus-Boost adapter to reach full capacity. Standard 15V power adapters are compatible as well.

What I was able to find, and I believe the last two doesn’t matter.

i would suggest you take a little time to search the vcv library.

oh, and the bus boards already come with rack. :wink:

Been looking. I think I have the first one on the left (ample enough) but the Turing Random I have found nothing. The manual for it - https://static1.squarespace.com/static/573b5370b09f9524489340f2/t/58d1a71429687f0926c4e542/1490134804496/TM_Manual.pdf The hang up is the probability on the TM.

As far as the bus boards not sure what you mean but the headphone out and the voltage module I already know.

There isn’t a single module that compares to the PNW but all of the individual functions should be available in separate modules or can be constructed with a few modules.

There are number of Turing Machine and Euclidean, Quantizer and LFO modules available that should compare very well with, and indeed exceed, the functionality of the ones in your pictured rack:

The search function on the VCV Library page is your friend here. https://library.vcvrack.com/?query=turing&brand=&tag=&license= https://library.vcvrack.com/?query=Euclid&brand=&tag=&license= https://library.vcvrack.com/?query=&brand=&tag=Quantizer&license= https://library.vcvrack.com/?query=&brand=&tag=Low-frequency+oscillator&license=

For the pluck module, look for modules that do Karplus-Strong

There are also a few fully featured Arpeggiator modules but I’m not sure how they compare tot he 2HP one.

You wouldn’t need an equivalent to the uZeus in a virtual environment unless it was for pure decoration.

The headphone amp function would be something you would most likely do outside of the virtual environment.

Seems odd it is taking me two to three modules that a 2hp real module does.

I am up to the Euclid module right now.

So far I have LLFO/GNOME|Music Thing Modular

@CountModula I love your modules. :slight_smile: btw, I am not finding a LFO that will do a saw, inverted saw, and a sine wave all at the same time. I would hate to have to use two LFOs just so I could get an inverted saw along with the regular saw. The best I see are LFOs with a 180 degree button but that inverts everything making it not the best solution for a single module purpose like the A-145.

Did you search for Turing in the at https://library.vcvrack.com ? That gives you some options.

1 Like

Thank you.

You should he able to find modules that replicate the 2HP functions without having to use many modules to achieve the same result. You might need to read the manuals to find out how to get them to function in the same manner - for example, any of the Turing Machine modules should essentially work the same as they’re all based on the same principle. I use the Stellare Turing Machine and also Grayscale Permutation modules in VCV as they replicate the hardware versions I have in my physical modular. It’s the Pam’s New Workout that won’t have a single module equivalent.

You can use a voltage inverter to give you the inverted versions of any LFO signal, you don’t necessarily need a single module that offers that - that’s the beauty of modular synths. (VCV Library)

Yep, getting there and I am using an inverter as you said since nothing is out there that has both in one. I am close to finishing it, and when I am done will show it, and ask if it can be reduced or made better.

1 Like

You should look more carefully, there are many amazing modules in the VCV Library. At least Bogaudio 8FO comes to mind with its 180 degree phase shifted output.

Phase shifted as well as non shifted at the same time?

Looks to me like it does only one waveform split out 8 ways at a time.

Nope, not a drop in replacement - “An LFO with outputs at 8 different phases. The phases may be set by knobs and CVs; by default they are 0, 45, 90, etc, degrees from the fundamental. Otherwise, functionality is the same as with LFO, excepting that the wave shape is selectable, and all outputs are of the same (phase-shifted) wave.”

Best way still seems to be an inverter in between.

you should considerate the ethics guidelines for modules, odd is you find a replica of eurorack modules.

I read that but what I am reading is that everything is verboten if you plan on replicating anything so I am not sure what you mean? I think I understand so what I am understanding is that there is something else out there like VCV rack where this GPL doesn’t pertain, or restrain, anything? With that I might find what I am looking for?

I recently added this euclidean rhythm generator, it looks like it has the same controls as the module you want to replace. It’s much bigger though, mainly because of the display.

I will check it out and I am not hung up on the size since this is all virtual any way just that using fewer modules. This one was where I got hung up at as the rest I managed to mimic using 1-3 modules.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

it help to you to formulate better your questions, do not visualize the vcv rack like a pure copy of eurorack

1 Like

the Frozen Wasteland QAR can do Euclidean (and many other algorithmic) rhythms, including performing logical operations (OR, AND, XOR, NAND, etc) on two tracks. With its expander, it can do CV controlled probability. The FW String Theory can do advanced Karpus-Strong synthesis. The BPM LFO can output multiple waveshapes at the same time with phase control. There is also an expander to provide multiple CV controlled phase outputs.

WHOA. Is it a MATHS equiv too as it sounds like it.