VCV Rack modules based on these Eurorack modules?

no, nothing like a Maths. QAR is a Trigger Sequencer. FW’s Drunken Rampage (and the Befalco Rampage) can do similar things to a Maths

2 Likes

The reason this is is that many people have made things that work fine already and aren’t concerned with redoing it with small size as a major goal as there is infinite space in the rack. I think it might benefit you to say that you also neednt really get too caught up on module count for the same reason. Apart from performance, which the equivalent module set wouldn’t take much of. It ispossible squinkys response was such because the goal of few modules doesn’t seem sensible :wink: , especially in the context of the vcv virtual environment. Cheers. @darkprognosis

2 Likes

People need to stop concentrating on the 2hp vs 100 million hp size AND, instead, concentrate on what I was saying. What I was saying is simplicity of a 2hp (size doesn’t matter) meaning one module BUT to do the same, or at least getting the same result, now takes a ton of modules and suddenly becomes more complex. What you might find simple another finds super complex BUT the 2hp (or any single module) just does it. Less wires to fiddle with, a cleaner setup, and something I know I can grasp (get my head around) then 50 modules to do what the one module did.

Pay someone to develop the Rack module of your dreams. You front the money and you’re the boss. You get the exact features your looking for. There are many very talented programmers contributing to this project and I bet nearly any of them would be happy to accept a commission.

Otherwise, stop being so demanding.

4 Likes

I’m not saying it’s all simple. this stuff takes time to figure out and learn. That’s the fun. Sorry if I missed your main point. @darkprognosis

If you want to take it slow and really wrap your head around stuff that’s fine. Take your time. Sometimes doing certain things later helps, start with basic concepts. However sometimes doing things the harder ways leads to a more robust understanding. Just keep learning and have fun.

2 Likes

Also truthfully, Eurorack isnt simple or easy. And you might have to do the work and use three modules when you could do it in hardware in one. Your options are: wait for someone to make it in one, learn how to code, propose it / ask nicely, or go buy the $$$ hardware. I’m not pouncing but I am saying that these are people making modules for you for free. Just be thankful (and try to make sure that your communication reflects that) you can do it at all for free (even if it takes three). @darkprognosis :slight_smile:

2 Likes

take this as friendly advice. i can see that you’re getting very frustrated.

you should think about approaching vcv with the mindstate of being excited to explore a vast amount of free modules. if you approach it looking to emulate a very specific set of modules then you are setting yourself up to be frustrated. most are free. install at will and delete at will if they dont work out for you. you will probably end up discovering something better than what you originally wanted.

people are trying to guide you in the right direction and offer you advice on alternative configurations. no ones been overly harsh. there is a learning curve with modular synths. it takes some time.

9 Likes

one of the good things about the VCV rack is that you can program your own modules optimized for what you need (or pay someone to do it)

1 Like

What is it about the 2HP Euclid module that you’re not finding in the various VCV modules?

he’s been suspended until Feb. check his profile.

1 Like

I have some 2HP modules and their size is simultaneously both a positive and a negative, and whilst I love them, they are necessarily limited because of their size. My 2HP Pluck, for instance, makes some great sounds, but it is hardly a Rings or an Elements. When I’m in VCV I would far rather work with these than an equivalent to my Pluck, not just because they are laid out much better, but because they are far more flexible. This flexibility is what makes Rack such a great platform.

There are single module equivalents in Rack to every one of the 2HP modules in your photo and they are really not very difficult to find. Every one of them has more flexibility and power than the 2HP versions.

As for PNW, very few people would want to use that in Rack when there are fantastic clocks, clock dividers, multipliers, ratchetters, LFOs, EGs etc available, almost always with one knob per function (with associated CV and often attenuversion too). Nobody in their right mind (IMHO!) would want to menu dive instead. This is where Rack scores highly over Euro - not needing to peer at tiny screens or remember combo button presses (of course you can build your hardware rack with one knob per function modules if you have the space and budget, but hardly anybody does). If PNW was available in Rack then yes, that would be great for a potential buyer to try out, but beyond that people would reach for other modules every time.

Edit: You can still read this even if you can’t reply to it right now.

4 Likes

While I am not familiar with the 2hp euclid, Eugene, which I think has been mentioned here, and count modulas euclidean sequencer seem like they might do similar things in one module. Good luck.

Suspended? Really?

@darkprognosis was suspended due to two messages containing personal attacks that had absolutely no place in this community. They were flagged by several users and removed immediately. I am giving this user one more chance by temporarily suspending them rather than permanently. When this expires, they must read the VCV Code of Conduct to avoid a permanent ban. Public challenges to moderator decisions will also result in a suspension.

12 Likes