VCV Rack 2 teaser

what happens on november 22?

this is incredibly exciting, though as someone who used Unity as a CV utility in virtually every patch, sad to see it go!

1 Like

Guess someone is really excited to get back to work

mix works fine and there is UMIX from Bogaudio if you need a straight unity mixer, minus the inverse outā€¦

Also, the Unity mixer is still there, just set to "hidden": true in plugin.json . Change that to false or remove line and it should appear again after Rack restart. I think that is there so old patches will not fail to load that have Unity mixer in use.

whatā€™s the functionality do you need ? Maybe is just contextual menu add that I can implement in a 4MIX and associates

I am not needing anything @synthi :wink: It was someone else I answered to. And a context menu add is always a decent option for something like thisā€¦

Hey :wink:

Curious if the VCV Rack plug ins is only going to be VST and not audio unit?

I think I know the answer, but would like to have it confirmed.

VST at first, but AudioUnit is set to come next.

1 Like

Thatā€™s nice to know, thanks :slight_smile:

Rack 2 is supposed to be out this month.

Correction: November at the earliest:

3 Likes

I do not see ā€œVCV MIXā€ in my library. Thatā€™s when running VCV Rack Community Edition 2/git/219bbaf for Linux. I do still see UNITY (and VCA-2). Am I way behind?

Whatā€™s the maximum gain with MIX? Is it 100%, +6 dB, or something else?

You are two or three versions behind.

Thereā€™s a big piece of the puzzle.

I think itā€™s 100%. I use two inputs to get some gain.

1 Like

stoermelderā€™s modules might help here

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was asking. An update if the release of V2 is still plan for November

I donā€™t see the update happening in Novemberā€¦ Beta 1 just came out 5 days ago and we still donā€™t have community modules built in or availableā€¦ Iā€™d hope weā€™d see a beta 2 or Release candidate with full functionality before we get excited that it will be soon to be released. My gut says sometime in 2022 unless things progress much faster from this point forward.

Iā€™d rather have it late than have it broken. See console gaming for details :wink:

7 Likes

I doubt you will see this until the release. Remember although the beta is public, itā€™s really meant for developers to test their plugins, not users. Developers donā€™t need the library and are quite happy building plugins from source. The plugin ABI has been declared stable and developers have been invited to submit their plugins to the v2 library ready for the launch.

I think thereā€™s a good chance there will be another beta before launch but itā€™s really not far away now and Iā€™d bet good money it will be this year - and itā€™s not completely out of the question, (although perhaps unlikely now) that it could still happen in November.

8 Likes