VCV Rack 2 teaser

Take your time, brother! Some of us are actually patient. :wink:

4 Likes

Was

Yeah, I know, I hit upon it by accident somewhere when I first started to use Rack, about 0.52 version that was just released back then… Handy if one wants to move the cable to some other module, rather than completely unplugging it from both sides, and then having to patch it from scratch again…

2 Likes

OMG… it’s here.

If I had a secretary, I now would now be telling them to cancel all my appointments for the next couple of days.

2 Likes

Same here. Apparently the handling of the light in the dark has changed (which I already expected). So some redo work to do here.

Oh, and the mouse has become a flashlight!

Hello!

Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 18.46.21

9 Likes

My STROKE module can do both for a long time.

4 Likes

TIL. Color me duh!

I do wonder how many of the UI hooks will survive the transition to V2. So far, I’m staying away from V2 just 'cos I’m likely to have used something that won’t get ported. Having made a musically useful preset or strip, I want it to survive as long as I have use for it.

in Studio Edition, when loaded as a VST, will additional instances of the VST add an additional audio module to a global window or actually load completely new instances? I would prefer the former, but I expect the latter.

Completely new instances.

Right-click-menu highlight from latest Rack v2.git.219bbaf1

7 Likes

I like the new flashlight pointer :flashlight:

Alright. Maybe I can poke for a feature request :wink: Hopefully I’ll have my developer copy soon too. I’ll start porting my modules whenever I get the time after that.

I’m not sure if this has been already asked. Will (VST) Host modules be upgraded for VCV Rack 2? If yes, will they be released along with the new Rack?

Then we can host VCV in VCV in VCV in VCV in VCV…

1 Like

Watching Omri’s drum shootout, it looks like VCV drums have significantly lower CPU usage, which can add up quickly with a drum patch. I’m likely gonna pick 'em up, as I’m constantly running out of juice!

I’m not sure if this has been already asked. Will (VST) Host modules be upgraded for VCV Rack 2? If yes, will they be released along with the new Rack?

Yes, it Host will be available in Rack 2 from the looks of it:

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Headless Mode in Rack v2

Is linux vst also released or just the win vst and linux will follow? really wanting to use vcv in bitwig or ardour

No version of VCV Rack 2 is released, only pre-release source and builds.

2 Likes