VCV Rack 2 Pro and Logic Pro X ?

Is there any chance for Logic Pro X support in the foreseeable future?

After installing VCV Rack 2 Pro, I can’t find this files on my Mac:

• VCV Rack 2.component
  • VCV Rack 2 FX.component

Only the .vst files with these names. Is this correct?

2 Likes

same issue with me … I don’t see the .component files either. At the moment, Logic not finding any VCV Rack 2 plugins upon opening nor if I rescan audio units in plug-in manager. Has anyone managed to get it working in Logic yet? If so, please share how you did it!

VCV 2 is only vst, no AU support for now

1 Like

The fact it is VST 2 only is made pretty clear on the download

2 Likes

Apparently you can get it working in Logic using Blue Cat Patchwork which is an AU plugin which hosts VSTs

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the info on “Blue Cat Patchwork”. I had actually overlooked the hint that more plugin formats were coming soon. That can also wait a bit, I also have other options besides Logic.

An AU version would be great versus a workaround.

5 Likes

Will the AU version be released before the $99 discount expires, I wonder?

Not sure, but the AU is coming next, so if in doubt I would lock in the lower price.

I will chase the answer up for this though soon if it’s not addressed publicly. Andrew and the support team are working flat out at the moment trying to solve as many issues as quickly as possible.

FYI - I have used PatchWork and it’s a great solution irrespective of whether you use it for VCV VST - opens up the whole VST landscape to Logic, but don’t worry I’m keen to see AU support for Logic as I’m on Mac here too.

6 Likes

Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Merging this thread

1 Like

Congrats on the release of VCV Rack 2 Andrew and co! I’m looking forward to trying it out on Logic Pro, but am not very experienced with 3rd party plugins there. From what I gather, I shouldn’t buy the VST version, as I won’t be able to use it directly in Logic? If this is the case, is an AU version soon on the cards? Finally, will the AU version be released before the $99 discount expires, I wonder? (and if not, will the discount be extended for the AU version?) Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The VST version purchase will cover the AU as far as I am aware. In the meantime if you want to use the VST in Logic there is Blue Cat Patchwork available for $89 which will enable you to use the VCV VST and any other VST’s in Logic. Andrew hasn’t committed to a time frame for the AU version but said it was the next plugin version to be worked on if my memory serves.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Merging this thread

1 Like

Are there any updates on this front?

2 Likes

Hi, I want to purchase the Pro version and use with Logic Pro X for an education setting. I want to take advantage of the discounted price. (1) Will there be a version that can be used with Logic Pro? (2) Will the discounted price apply to this version? (3) Can this version be purchased before the discount expires? Please advise how this can work. Thanks for clarifying.

1. Probably
  2. Unknown
  3. Unknown

The info you’re after has not been made public. It might be worth emailing support@vcvrack.com if you are considering buying in bulk for education to see if they are willing/able to give you any further info.

@user549 I’m pretty sure about the info I posted but until we hear more can we not create many duplicate threads. Hope this helps.

Threads merged.

1 Like