VCV Rack 2 Pro and Logic Pro X ?

Hi,

Any update or ETA on the AU version of VCV 2 Pro?

Starting to mix an album for a client. I’ve got Ableton and Reaper, but feel most comfortable in Logic when mixing.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

No update or ETA as yet.

1 Like

I purchased VCV2 thinking it would work in Logic Pro X, only to find it does not work with Logic because it does not host VST2! I appreciate all the work that has gone into VCV2, but I really hope I will be allowed access to the AU version if there is an update.

1 Like

There will be a free update with an AU version.

Also you can search this forum for „Logic AU“ and find threads where interim solutions such as a VST wrapper (Blue Cat patchwork) are being discussed.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure VCV never said it worked as an AU. Wanting something doesn’t really make it true.

Bump! I’m on M1. To get VCV to work, I have to load Logic in Rosetta mode so I can load Metaplugin in Rosetta mode so I can load the VCV VST. It’s a PITA :joy:. So, eagerly awaiting the AU plugin whenever it’s ready!

2 Likes

For any other M1 users out there… has anyone found an AU-VST bridge plugin that works with Logic in native (non-Rosetta) mode? I have other plugins that don’t work if I use Rosetta, so it becomes a dance between projects…

To answer my own question… I just tried out https://audiogridder.com. Free, open source, allows hosting on local or remote machine (Rosetta mode selectable with the latest 1.2 beta universal installer). Works great!

2 Likes

Is there any advice for how to record VCV Rack 2 Pro into Logic Pro x? Can’t find anything on the internet.

Try loading it as a plugin using Audiogridder (linked above) or use Blackhole to route audio from standalone into Logic.

Logic 10.7.1 on Macbook M1 OSX 11.6.5.

I’ve tried Blue Cat Audios Patchwork(Not free) - Works to some extend, but really does not work super well. Actually doesn’t work at all, since I can not change any parameters in VCV. It’s like the keyboard does not work at all for VCV only for Logic. I can’t edit or do anything in VCV.

I’ve tried Image Line Mini Host(Free) - Was not usable as the UI of VCV2 would not load.

Was thinking about trying DDMF Meta plugin, but yeah, it costs money.

It would be much preferred to just get an audio unit version.

trevormeier

Haven’t used Audiogridder before but know about it. I think I am gonna try it too.

What did you install?

I am on M1 Macbook, OSX 11.6.5 and Logic 10.7.1.

I’m using the betas

Both server and plugin?

Since I am not using it for hosting plugs on another computer, is it necessary to install the server thing?

Yes, both are required. The server can run in local mode on your computer.

Check out the tutorials, they’ll get you up and running

1 Like

Thanks!

I installed them both, first tried version 1.1.1 and scanned my plugins. But VCV is blacklisted by Audiogridder. Doesn’t work.

Might be because I am using a M1 Macbook and I installed the M1 version of Audiogridder and VCV is not M1 natively compatible.

@trevormeier I saw your comment with 1.2 beta would give the option to open in Rosetta mode. I tried installing the Audiogridder 1.2 version but I don’t see the Rosetta mode option in Get Info. So no luck with that either.

Argh. This is so frustrating, I just want to use VCV in Logic :sweat:

Oh at least VCV works via Patchwork when I load Logic in Rosetta mode. But it just frustrating to have to jump through hoops to get this to work.

Yes, I’m also frustrated. It’s important to make your voice heard by messaging VCV support that you’d like an AU version: VCV - Support. @Vortico has stated that support emails are the only channel they use to measure how much demand there is for an AU plugin.

I believe Audiogridder has Intel-only installers for the server. I’m pretty sure that’s how I made it work… M1 plugin installer, Intel server installer.

I sent a support request to add AU. I think he will do it eventually. He listened to my request and fixed the qwerty issue when editing parameters within the plugin in a daw that caused audio to go silent. He did fix that, so its not as if he doesnt listen, its really just a matter of when, not if

DDMF just released MetaPlugin v4 which includes an Apple Silicon to Intel bridge. I’ll test it out with VCV2 and see how it goes

3 Likes

They also released a cheaper alternative, Superplugin.

I’t build on same idea as MetaPlugin, but with a more fixed setup.