VCV Rack 2 Free and Pro released

using 1.1.6 before…plugins only from library…old patches dont work due to lack of plugins…only can open virgin vcv rack…windows 11…always get horrible noise when opening…

i’m not worried…i’m pissed…lol

Well, don’t be pissed, then! Instead, help us help you :slight_smile:

Have you successfully downloaded the V2 plugins? Not all of them have been ported over, but a lot have–the problem right now is getting them onto your machine, since the servers are still under load. What do you see in your V2 user folder?

1 Like

So if the problem is it is crashing when you are trying to open old patches because some plugins aren’t available yet then you just need to be patient. There are over 250 developers making plugins for VCV. Some of them are very active and some not so. Probably best for now to just create new patches with the 1200 or so modules that are currently available.

If you get a horrible noise when opening the standard VCV Rack template then that’s something you should contact support about.

3 Likes

Does not work for me on Linux, downloaded zip from the homepage link and then built it from the git only to get:

‘illegal hardware instruction (core dumped) ./Rack’

every time I attempt to run

1 Like

15 items in vcv folder 1.1.6 16 items in rack2free 15 items in rack2pro

If you have Rack 2 Pro, you don’t need Free. And the Rack 2 Pro and Free applications would be using the same Rack user directory and plugins folder called ‘Rack2’, so it doesn’t make sense that you would have a different number of plugins for them.

only difference is the license text document

@user325, I’m happy to try to help but let’s take this to PMs? This seems like a pretty specific situation and it may not be worth this many posts in the thread. If we find something generally useful we can always post it then.

I’ll be back online in an hour or so.

2 Likes

What’s with the pseudo flahlight underneath the cursor when gui is dark ? This is pretty distracting Seems that the audible instruments are not ( yet ) included in vcv 2 . When I login into my account , I only have te option to delete them from my account ??

@gentleclockdivider – Audible Instruments are in the V2 library; I just downloaded them. (If you don’t know, you have to re-download everything for V2). If you’re trying to do that and it’s not working, it’s probably server issues; keep trying for a bit?

The flashlight is on purpose (mainly so you can use really dark settings and still see what’s happening) but if you don’t like it, the option to turn it on or off from the View menu would be a good feature request (those go to VCV - Support).

1 Like

Woo!! So hyped! Instabuy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome stuff! Congrats!

1 Like

is Rack 1.1 out ? (I’m on IE 6.0)

6 Likes

Rack v1? I’m still trying to buy v0.6 with Netscape Navigator…

2 Likes

You’ll need to upgrade to a 24k modem

2 Likes

Make sure you have enough KB of RAM to load it

Oh man, I’m still on 4800 baud here…

Incredible news! It’s almost exactly one year to the day since I discovered VCV Rack and it pried my mind open to the joy of making music. My day’s to do list went up in flames the moment I saw this great news. Congrats to all for making it a reality.

First up, although I have plenty of other DAW options to choose from, a mod/patch(es) in OpenMPT, to celebrate open source. The 4 instruments in the image below are separate VCV2 patches of course. Everything working flawlessly, while a separate stand alone patch runs in the background just for the sake of multitasking.

Thank you @Vortico et al. for shining this light into the world.

5 Likes

Potentially a hardware issue, as in Rack2 doesn’t run on older processors, how embarrassing.