VCV Rack 2.1.2 released

Nah, there’s a thing in a menu like “module fitting” something. Uncheck it and it would work as it used to work

1 Like

Uncheck the “Auto-squeeze algorithm” option in the View menu and you can use both Ctrl+drag and select/highlight block-move gestures.

1 Like

There is a strange behaviour in VCV Audio 2 module. Don’t save any audio interface settings after exiting from VCV. When I back again I need chose my audio interface.

Here it works fine, Win11 and ASIO FLStudio

I have the same issue with ML Quantum Multiverse.

Using the experimental auto-squeeze algorithm I have found in theory it works great but extremely sensitive. You can lock the entire patch which is a nice feature, however, has there been discussion that modules that use the right-snap expansion module function can have the ability to be locked to their “master” module? I was using MindMeld’s MixMaster with the AuxSpander and the AuxSpander ended two rows away accidentally while the patch was playing as I was using the new feature working with something else below it. It was alarming, I must admit. The algorithm seems really sensitive - a bit touchy. Maybe I have to heavy a touch. I do like it and the auto-squeeze aspect was so needed.

We’re aware of the issue and should have an update in the next few days all things being equal.

3 Likes

@pgatt Perfect, thank you. Very fond of the new functionality additions.

2 Likes

Having some problems with the update here. Windows10pro keeps refusing to run the installer with an immediate “error opening file”.

Have you tried downloading the update again?

Yep. Three different instances, in fact. In each case, the same thing occurs: install stops just after starting, with that “error opening file” business. Attempts to “ignore” this also lead to the next file causing the same problem. I’m pretty sure this isn’t a local configuration issue, since prior updates would unpack and install just fine. 2.0.6, for example, installed with zero glitches. I’ve also tinkered with pretty much all of the security on the machine, as well…and nothing I tried would change the issue.

Not only that, patches saved with Stellare Creative Suite modules won’t load.

looking forward to try the new version to see if it fixes the constant v2 midi-cv issues.

Does this mean you can’t have both auto-squeeze and “ctrl-drag push” behavior available simultaneously?

Correct.

I think this is related to an issue I’ve been seeing: the Rack.exe process doesn’t actually close when you quit the program. I have to kill Rack in Task Manager to get it to relaunch after module updates.

If you try and install with the process running it can’t overwrite the executable (or presumably some of the other files).

I am curious if the simple action of adding a module after selecting one from the library being looked at too. Perhaps this is an issue “work in progress,” or, I am doing something, dreadfully wrong.

example: (experimental auto-squeeze algorithm - OFF) I have plenty of space to place a new module, I even click the backboard, I want it here, I go to library…select what I want and… now spending time trying to find where it was randomly placed.

Should I zoom out before I select? Is there a key combination that I am missing? It’s current behavior is a work flow nightmare.

1 Like

Click and drag the module from the library to where you want it

3 Likes

thanks, @auretvh that did the trick!

Is there a similar solution, when duplicating a module and you have adequate space, that I am not chasing down where the duplicate has landed? Again, experimental auto-squeeze algorithm - OFF, using Rack 2.1.2. TBH, these inconvenient behaviors have been around a tic . . .

1 Like

Yes, that one is a bit of an issue, likewise for copy and paste. The same issue occurs when trying to import a selection. All the Ahornberg modules have a context menu option to insert a selection beside the module, which I find convenient. But that does not help when copying modules.

It would be nice if Rack had a modifier for right mouse click on the background, away from any module, that allowed you to paste your most recent copy to that location, as well as import a selection to that location. For example, maybe holding Alt on Windows while right mouse clicking on the background could bring up the special menu.

2 Likes