Vcv problems

Vcv is currently one of the worst daws, standalone , softwares u name it… as of it being said, it is just with constant crashes, bugs, and even an harm to the computer really bad. Wether im using it standalone, connected via bridge through daw, even veeseevst is bad ( maybe slightly better in performing things, but its heavy on cpu ).

It all look fine and sounds great, but overall when I look at it. Its just bad, and its not moving anywhere to make it better… meh

Hey dude. You can’t say stuff like that here.

VCV is awesome. Sure it has flaws, but perfection only belongs to Allah.

Have you watched Omri Cohen’s videos? They show you the infinite possibilities you can achieve with VCV. Have you listened to all the music made with VCV? There are hundreds if not thousands of songs out there, and they all sound like they were made with VCV. That’s what art is about : finding your own voice. And in that regards, VCV is a true artist, as it has its own voice.

Maybe your computer is bad. Have you ever thought of that? I bet you did not. You come here to spew hatred, but this community is all about kindness. I believe it’s even in the VCV rulebook or whatever Andrew Belt chose to call it. Think of it as the Holy Quran of VCV.

My suggestion is to buy some commercial modules, as they open possibilities you can’t even fathom with free modules. Plus, when you spend a couple of hundred bucks on VCV, you feel a commitment. I know I do.

Allah be with you <3

2 Likes

Nonsense. I use it every day and it NEVER crashes for me, I’m not aware of any major bugs and it certainly doesn’t harm your computer lol.

1 Like

haha, great post

I m not getting crashes of vcv rack lately, perhaps I m lucky, some times I got crashes related to third party modules, but I must to say mostlyof the devs fix bugs even before I have chance to report it (I suggest report the bugs instead of complain here )

is nice to see somebody who has a different opinion than the whole community, wrong of course, but nice

2 Likes

jenniferlawrence_okay.gif

I’ve had sometimes crashes when testing new modules, mostly when they were still beta versions.
But in my daily use no crashes, no harm, no issues, no problems, no nothing.

If you encounter problems and really want some help, please provide some usefull information. Specs of the system your using, audio driver, gpu other software (DAW) etc. …

btw I edited the title for better understanding and search results

4 Likes

Well, there was a massive performance boost from Version 0.6, and V 1.X.X , so it does.

Now, as Stephan was saying, if you need some help with performance, and solving crashes, If you post your systems specs, and maybe the crash logs, we may be able to help you have a more pleasant experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Original poster might also want to know that Bridge

was never intended as more than a fun experiment

and

was deprecated in July 2018 and is now unsupported. The Bridge VST2/AU plugin was removed in Rack 1.0

https://vcvrack.com/manual/FAQ#what-was-vcv-bridge

Also a ridiculous shot, that’s not even a VCV product and has nothing to do with VCV nor VCV Rack or this group.

2 Likes

Yes, bridge it is… but after three years of usage its turbo disappointing to see nothing has changed significantly. Iam using two conputers, macbook pro from 2017 with i7 and 16g rams…and its quite strong. Ive no any issue with any other software daw, except this. And Im also using windows pc, with also latest 10900k i7, 32 gigs of rams, and stuff. Its not that im having weak conputers, no … i actually sold most of my gear I was using and invested in computers, but this thing is just keep on bugging, bo matter which platform I use.

I bought even RME babyface pro latest one for the this special occassion. Like I said it sounds fine and indeed u can make sounds on it, music albums etc… but eh, ita just meh…

Yes its not but its in the same family tree

U cant, ive tried it all… what it is its performance on the cpu, which from time to time make this extraordinary glitches and sparks

Thanks

I can hear your frustration, but:

• VCV Bridge is deprecated, so better don’t use it
  • VeeSeeVSTRack is built on Rack Version 0.6 (actually we have Version 1.1.6) and is not an official VCV release

Maybe you are referring to an old standalone version too? This would also explain the high CPU load you’re mentioning.

Okay yes bridge is bad yes, veesevee has nothing to do with vcv but just implementation into vst…

But im having recent version of vcv yes, and its really frustrating to use it… I believe i damaged my macbook fan with constant fan adjustment, cause its just going up in the sky…

What has you r god Allah do with this?

May the Kali be with you man

I want to ask some questions:

• What frame rate is selected in VCV?
  • What sample rate ist selected in VCV and is it the same as the one selected on your audio interface?
  • How many threads does VCV show up and how many threads are selected for usage?

Maybe post a screenshot of a CPU-intensive patch with CPU-meter on.

Check the “How do I improve performance” section in the FAQ

and

I ran it on a 2017 MBP for a time and while it couldn’t handle big patches, it wasn’t buggy and it didn’t crash.

I’ve tried a lot of combinations, but for integration with a DAW I’ve found using Reaper with Rearoute is the most stable for me on Windows pc FWIW.

Im having two Threads, Sample rate is on the 44.1 Khz, frame rate is 60 hz… i figured out it works with less of the less glitches ans cracks in this kind of way… I was using Motu 828x and it had glitches, I had more of them later so tought It was the audio interface issue. But now Im having RME Babyface pro fa which is really powerfull. But still.

And yeah I did commitment to vcv as I bought several modules allready,