VCV Fundamental Constructs

Dave,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve gone down a rabbit hole trying to chain sequencers. I was trying to figure out a way to accomplish it without using a lot of SEQ-3 modules (or multiple LFO’s etc.). I’ve created a fixed number of modules rack and I’m trying to work (and learn) with those constraints.

Your A/B comparison of the 4->1 switch (the SCOPE shows the spike) and using VCA Mix (no spike) was helpful.

I’m attaching a MOD to my patch that feeds Audio to the 4->1 switch instead of a Control Voltage (which should address the slew issue).

CosmicStomper

csMIDILoopbackClockDivide24StepSequencerMOD1.vcv (2.9 KB)

2023 Update

This series of constructs was posted over a one month period starting 2022-01-01, prior to VCV release 2.2. At that time the free VCV branded modules were called “Fundamental”. Now the collection is called “VCV Free”.

At the time, the Fundamental collection truly had very limited innate capabilities.

Starting with release 2.2.0 on 2022-05-22, VCV has added many new modules that greatly enhance the capability of the collection. Now many of my Fundamental Constructs are moot because there is a dedicated Free VCV module for that functionality. Other constructs can be dramatically simplified by using some of the newer modules.

Never-the-less, I think the Fundamental Constructs is an interesting exercise on what can be done with a limited set of modules.

Below is a summary of VCV Free modules that have been released since the creation of this series:

2022-05-22 v2.2.0

• CV MIX
  • FADE

2022-07-15 v2.3.0

• LOGIC
  • COMPARE
  • GATES
  • PROCESS

2023-04-01 v2.4.0

• MULT

2023-10-10 v2.6.0

• RESCALE