VCV 2and Ableton 11 Suite - clip only plays the first note.

I was watching Omri’s 45 minute tutorial (How to use VCV 2 VST with Ableton Live 11 Suite - YouTube - this guy is a gem!) on Rack 2 and Ableton. I can only get the first note in a midi clip to play. I have a clip very much like his with the same VCV patch, and I can play notes in VCV with my keyboard, but the clip will only play the first note. All the notes are of similar velocity. If I play the virtual keyboard in the midi roll, they create a sound, but not when the clip is trying to play them. Any ideas?

I have been searching and crazy enough, I was just watching the same video trying to get vcv rack to work, and I am having the same issue.

I can trigger notes from the piano roll in the clip, but the clip is only playing the first note. Sometimes I can get it to play a note here and a not there, but this is not working. Has anyone else experienced this?

There is no answer on this thread, @fpssdave did you find a solution?

Using rack 2.3.0 using Ableton 11.3.3

hello

I had same issue and in my case I had to create a space between notes in the piano roll. It seems the gate in VCV didn’t detect/trigger the new note without this space

hope it will help

2 Likes

This is exactly what is was. Thank you so much for this.

2 Likes