Storyline: … as we saw in the first challenge, the Perseverace Rover, which is exploring Mars in these days, has a VCV Rack installed in its operating system. The aliens initially feared it was a weapon sent by a more advanced civilization and were ready to destroy it, but they soon realized that it is harmless and they simply disassembled it to analyze it and reassembled it (NASA obviously did not notice anything). They also made a copy of VCV Rack and found in a hidden directory a file named “bach.vcv”; they loaded it in VCV and …
Challenge: make a VCV patch with Bach’s music, reinterpreted as you like.
To make things easier I prepared a “raw” patch in which the Impromptu Foundry module contains Bach’s Two Part Invention No. 4 ready to be altered and combined with other modules; there are tons of possibilities: use electronic sounds, add drums/rhythm, change tempo, add effects, use only some patterns of the sequence, “granularize” it, play with panning, reverse it, transform it to an ambient patch, … The patch can be downloaded here:
- use only free modules
- remember we are still in space!
- the length should be between 1 and 3 minutes (ok … it’s an almost-1-minute challenge
- make a video in which somewhere you place an image of Bach (you can use this one: https://www.algoritmarte.com/vdisk/gfx/jsb.jpg ) , upload it to Youtube and/or patchstorage and put the link below
- (hash)tag it with #vcv1minchallenge
- there is no deadline … at least until the next challenge