=== vcp challenge #63: organ three ===

you are challenged to make a patch in vcv rack to showcase creative use of modules, so other users may get inspired. you can also win eternal fame!

for this edition, the challenge is to make a patch with squinky labs organ three

i’m a sucker for bluesy/jazzy hammond tones, so see what you can make with this!

== rules ==

• make a patch in vcv rack and upload your patch to patchstorage.com and/or in your reply to this thread
  • tag your upload with vcp-63
  • make a video showcasing your patch and upload it to youtube (if possible)
  • add a link to your video as a comment to this post
  • give feedback on other participants’ patches

deadline: monday end of the day, wherever you are, april 19th

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I already have an unrecorded “phazing” piece using this but I think I’ll start from scratch. Seems good.

I’m using Impromptu Chord-Key to set my chords and I want to control it with a sequencer. What would people here use for a random (but not too random) sequencer?

a quick sketch on the hammond sound, just for inspiration: leslie.vcv (21.1 KB)

8face in pseudo-random mode.

1 Like

That would work but I’ve used it before. It’s one of those great Stoermelder “problem solvers”. I’m trying that new JW 8Seq to see if it’s approach to randomness works for me. Imagine using it with 4hands or Jooper to move the scene when you reach eoc.

1 Like

If you don’t need to control them live, you can try with MusiMath, MusiFrog (they produce 1V/oct sequences) : they are all deterninistic (pseudo-random) with an “underlaying” periodic math formula that can produce nice patterns (for example start with MusiMath, with a random increment value, base=1 and skip repetitions mode) … though - to be honest - I myself am still not able to “control” them enough … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

… so tempting to just link the Organ Three module to Entrian Melody with Green Onions MIDI file imported …

4 Likes

Here is my entry. Organ meets Permutations.

VCP-63.vcv (48.3 KB)

I don’t like organs.

• mo
16 Likes

To dance in the church

13 Likes

Sure, I’ll play! A quick, semi-generative 60’s grade Z Spy film theme song. The bass, pad and lead “fuzz” guitar are all using Squinky Labs organ modules.

13 Likes

What if Áine O’Dwyer - Music For Church Cleaners but oh, what if radio.garden, that app for live radio from around the world and the weird shit you can find … I need a preacher! And then I left it there, right at silly.

(Contains Valhalla reverb, some radio static from a VST and a sample of mechanical, woody noises)

8 Likes

Modulating an Organ Three with a VCO and Shepard Generator to create a slowly evolving drone. Extra textural elements are provided by parallel processing the drone with further ambience provided by Trummor 2 set to long attack/decay and lots of reverb/delay.

vcp-63 Organ Three.vcv (81.7 KB)

8 Likes

For this patch I used PS Meander to drive three organ voices (bass, harmony and melody) made with Organ Three. PS Meander is adjusted with some random variations in the harmony and melody lines. I think one could play this in a noodling session on a two clavier organ with a full pedal set and a rhythm box. It is all very traditional :smiley:

Video is partially generated in Touch Designer based on the audio recording.

5 Likes

some noise :star_struck:

6 Likes

Hi there. This is my first attempt in VCP for a looong time. The first 25 minutes of this video I played a patch which is my entry into this contest. I only used free modules. Cheers

7 Likes
5 Likes

I like this dark vibrations. So cool. Ideal for horror movies. Cheers

2 Likes

:sunglasses: You know, I could actually see the girl with the Mary Quant A-line dress, Vidal Sassoon bob cut, and a Walther PPK hidden in her white vinyl go-go boots.

2 Likes

VERY cool patch Markus! Love it.

1 Like