=== vcp challenge #60: entrian sequencers ===

you are challenged to make a patch in vcv rack to showcase creative use of modules, so other users may get inspired. you can also win eternal fame!

for this edition, the challenge is to make a patch with entrian sequencers.

this is a commercial plugin; if you don’t have a license, you can claim a free license from @Richie in return for a promise to submit an entry to this challenge. you need to claim your license before the end of monday march 1st.

== rules ==

• make a patch in vcv rack using the chosen module and upload your patch to patchstorage.com and/or in your reply to this thread
  • tag your upload with vcp-60
  • make a video showcasing your patch and upload it to youtube (if possible)
  • add a link to your video as a comment to this post
  • give feedback on other participants’ patches

deadline: monday end of the day, wherever you are, march 8th (though late entries will still be added to the playlist)

3 Likes

To claim a license, please DM me with the email address of your VCV account.

7 Likes

I would love to have a license to enter :drooling_face: :pray:

then please follow the instructions

My bad I think my DMs are disabled cos I’ve never posted before and only lurked :wolf:

Richie DM’d me though :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’m an impatient person, so I’ll get started^^. For the vcp-60 challange I use the Entrian Melody Sequencer in this patch. The melody is by Claude Debussy and is called Claire de lune. I am not very good at reading sheet music, so some notes may sound too long or too short. The sheet music I used is copyrighted by Clint S. Mers and it was really hard to read. A big respect to the musicians who can read and play it in real time. It’s nice that there is something like the Entrian Sequencer, so you don’t have to play such sheet music in real time. :smiley:

12 Likes

Beautiful patch. Nice atmosphere at the beginning.

A malfunctioning robot babbling things

19 Likes

this is great entry

1 Like

@deep.ambient.drone, @Cabotage_KSM: Wow, two very different pieces, both very cool!

2 Likes

Love it. Very Daft Punk, somehow.

2 Likes

@Cabotage_KSM Wow, this is awesome. I love it when the cutoff knob moves on the melody on mixer channel 7. :slight_smile:

1 Like

neo is amazing :+1:

My first entry is using the Entrian Drummer to trigger 10 different voices. Each “Voice” is a VCO,ADSR,VCA and VCF. I have an LFO setup to control the cutoffs for all the VCFs. The great thing about Drummer is that I can set it for 8th notes, 16th notes or whatever and control the loop points, etc.

8 Likes

Very relaxing sounds. It is exciting how the melody changes when you turn the knobs of the individual voices. If you change the randomness setting of some notes and move the start and end pointers while lopping, it gets interesting too. It’s fun to play with. :slight_smile:

I was trying to keep the CPU processing down, but it should sound pretty good with some morphing VCOs. Maybe Vults smooth oscillator.

Some of my other VCOs have morphing and don’t use much CPU. Kitchen sink can morph triangle to saw, and you can modulate the waveshaper (and FM depth, of course). Chebyshev has a bunch of ways to morph. I think both are pretty light on the CPU.

This is my entry to the challenge:

The patch (you can see it in the final part) is made with 3 Entrian Sequencers that plays the lead, chords and bass of the very gentle Gymnopédie 1 by E. Satie. The lead and bass voices are produced by Zefiro, the chords by Audible Instruments Macro Oscillator 2. Two noise generators simulate (or better, try to simulate :-)) a gentle rain. The Plateu reverb makes the atmosphere more ethereral.

The patch can be downloaded here: Erik Satie - Gymnopédie n.1 on VCV Rack | Patchstorage

10 Likes

For the VCP-60 challenge I sequenced myself playing “Ave Maria” by Charles Gounod, which was based on “Prelude in C Major” by Johann Sebastien Bach, and then imported the sequence into Entrian Timeline. The Entrian sequencer has 10 polyphonic tracks, so I was able to use 1 track to automate myself modulating a few different parameters (master volume, tempo and chronoblob feedback amount).

I was very impressed by the Entrian Timeline module. It opens up some different workflow possibilities in VCV I am sure I will use regularly.

10 Likes

What a great idea to use the Entrian module to import sheet music to VCV! Thank you for the inspiration. I really enjoyed the ambience here, you took it to a few different and interesting places.