unless modules : new ( avoider, pianoid )

@veryfungi there is no list of colors, everytime you change it you get a new one generated. btw what do you mean you end up clicking initialize? afaik initializing doesn’t do anything on mr.chainkov (I’ll make sure it does in the future so thx)

@rsmus7 no probs! thanks for finding them. honestly I shouldve tested mr.chainkov more before this v1 release, but I was mostly concentrated on atoms. (maybe its time to check piong for bugs before @dag2099 finds them)

@ablaut thanks for the builds!

note taken on color changes

1 Like

Here’s a linux build if anyone wants it. I can at least confirm that they load without crashing Rack but will start playing with them tonight.

no mac?
:scream:

latest commit adds option to disable hue switching

@jue sorry, I decided not to upload any builds, also don’t have a mac. have you looked into compiling plugins yourself?

Having a little fun https://youtu.be/vAt8HyOY88w

The sequencer is feeding the inputs and the outputs are going to the v/oct and feedback.

unlessgames Able to compose music and programing Reaktor ok, but C++ and all this compiling is like speaking chinese to me! I am from the Generation that started working on the real machines like Moog 55, Roland System 700 and PPG Waveterm.

@jue as you wish, but it’s not much more than a few commands into a terminal and those have been around for long :wink:
if you only want to compile modules to try out you never need to touch c++

@TroubledMind nice! any feedback is welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use linux so I don’t know exactly how to compile on mac but I’m sure it’s a lot easier than you think. Download the Rack-SDK, extract somewhere. Open a terminal,

git clone unless games / unless_modules · GitLab cd unless_modules/ RACK_DIR=/home/YOU/Rack-SDK/ make (change to the location you extracted Rack-SDK to) RACK_DIR=/home/YOU/Rack-SDK/ make install

Open Rack.

There can be a few extra steps, which are just as easy, but these build simply enough. All you need is documented on this page, it’s really just a few commands to compile them once you have installed the dependencies. You don’t even need to know that c++ exists.

You can even put the variable of RACK_DIR in your ~/.bashrc (or whatever mac uses, homebrew is it?) so you can just clone the repo, make, make install and not have to put the location everytime. In bash you just need to put export RACK_DIR=/home/YOU/Rack-SDK/, I’m sure it’s fairly similar on mac.

Oh, what to the two buttons do? I just realised that they do something, and something differently when right clicking. Not really clear on what the O does either.

catched a bug in your vid, the output layer rotation was messed up with negative cv…
fixed in latest commit

the two buttons and the O are somewhat related :slight_smile:
buttons equalize layers in terms of distance between each channel, if you haven’t moved those out of place there’s no change to see.
the same buttons have a right click option (the labeling shows which button/click does what), they can add or remove configurations you create, and later you select those with either the very central knob or the O input.
this whole part of the module might be sort of useless, at least I haven’t really used it so far (maybe buggy as well).

1 Like

the modules are now released in the plugin manager @ unless_modules

thanks for the testing, builds and feedback!

6 Likes

Oh, i’m already streaming a quick game of Piong.
Though I do have to do some washing up, so it’s kind of playing itself.

1 Like

work in progress vid on this v/oct to harmonic series generator, that @nolente brought up over at the module ideas thread. here I’m using it to control a fundamental vco’s pitch, having 3 overtones on poly channels. I really like this type of synthesis hence doing this module.

now I just need to find a 16 faders module that has cv in and trim knobs, like the vult knobs but with multiple faders in a row, any ideas?

also, the rhythm is provided by another upcoming module called “táncor”. It is a kind of cantorian fractal swing gate machine, but I’m still hesitant about the details relating to it’s behaviour so no dates :smiley:

7 Likes

tancor looks just like something i’ve thought about making before, looking forward to giving it a try!

we’re all connected to the same networks :wink:

1 Like

I probably read that module idea and it went totally over my head but what you’re doing here is something i’ve tried to do with fixed values (using the Nysthi fixed voltage) the idea being to be able to turn any poly oscilator into a mono additive oscilator.

yep, that’s it. It can be done by hand but it requires more time and modules to setup the harmonic series with the polyphony and such, especially if you want to explore different ratios on the fly.

1 Like

it turns out snake 2 is easy, only need to press the buttons fast enough.

snakia

almost there.

5 Likes

is it possible to know which direction the nearest block and the goal are?

there are three XY position output pairs, one for the food/goal, one for the head of the snake and one for the end of the tail. then there’s one that outputs which direction the snake is facing.

there’s also one with the length of the snake for tracking progress/score :wink:

and it has some cheatcodes too!

1 Like