unless modules : new ( avoider, pianoid )

i’d rather have an option where his face doesn’t keep moving nervously. maybe this is a glitch and not what you intended?

anyway, here’s the latest: http://wikisend.com/download/346164/unless_modules-1.0.0-win.zip

Nah… I think he wanted to make sure that the face was facing chaos, when you click on the bottom of the module the face turns into a knob.

here’s a video of his nervous tick: http://wikisend.com/download/441364/chainkov.mkv

i see. it turns static when facing order, and gets worse when facing chaos.

yeah, i find that very annoying and will surely turn that off. an option to not have movement in the face would be great. (the way it was in 0.6)

1 Like

What’s wrong with this ? :

KovKnob

And you can still change the colours of the square.

apart from the blinding white you mean? nothing per se, but the guy in his suit gives it a lot of character.

1 Like

Yep , you are right the guy should be there its not called Mr. Chainkov for nothing, but “blinding” white …

yep. a personal thing. i’m a big fan of dark themes, because too much white on the screen tires my eyes. so i will go in and change the faceplates for my personal use.

this is how i like it:

2 Likes

I already knew that , I was just kidding a little because I know you are willing and able to change things you don’t like :grinning::+1:

EDIT , and by the way the collab video you enclosed is still gorgeous.:+1:

1 Like

a darker theme is definitely coming for Chainkov and ill include an option to disable the face wiggle. (sorry if it disturbs you, it supposed to give chainkov a cartoony vibe :slight_smile:

1 Like

unfortunately changing the faceplate will not do it tho, as i draw the whole thing from code now.
same with atoms, but eventually id like to make this work in a way that users can pick their colors for all of my modules at once.

Hey big fan. I can’t wait to try mr chainkov again. So I downloaded the file but need to know what the folder should be called? I want it to be compliant with when it is eventually available from the vcv page. Thanks Edit… Never mind I got it. :slight_smile:

I found something right off the bat. I applied an lfo to the order / chaos knob and two things. The first, when the voltage goes high it is more order in the suit mode, but is more chaos in the knob mode. The second is the input ignores the negative voltage and will only swing from 12 oclock in a clockwise direction. Sorry… :frowning:

I also would put the faceplate options in a drop down rather than clicking on the bottom. I kept forgetting when moving it and having to re-click.

chainkov has a dark mode now! you can toggle it in the right-click menu.
also included a toggle for disabling the face wiggle :wink:

3 Likes

hey! what you describe as difference between chaos/order value is only the labels switching place, the value itself stays the same, this is because when you use a head as a knob, it feels more natural to select the thing he looks at instead of where he points the top of his head (the way knobs usually show their value), this might be confusing but it ain’t going away.

in the last commit, I fixed the cv input to use negative values as you said.

moved the minimal skin switch and the dark theme switch into the drop-down menu, but changing the hue will stay on the module (now top and bottom does the same thing) because picking a hue would be tedious if you had to open the drop-down for each new random color. Also changing suit color by mistake when dragging is kinda intended so that users who don’t read about the module can find it too, but I agree that the other switches aren’t supposed to work like this.
I’m not sure about where it should be though, options are: top, bottom or maybe the suit itself. I have multiple modules in progress where I use the bottom lane as color switch so maybe that should be it.

1 Like

1 Like

oh and i forgot to upload the latest
here it is: http://wikisend.com/download/550748/unless_modules-1.0.0-win.zip

Thank you so much for looking at the cv issue and fixing it! I’ve tested the new version and it’s awesome. Except I don’t like forgetting about the top and bottom and changing the color. Frustrating because I don’t know how many colors there are, to change it back, so I end up clicking initialize to change it back. If there were a toggle for the top and bottom color changing it would be perfect. Once you decide what color things should be you need to be able to make it stay that way in normal use. It can be defaulted to allow color change, to make people aware of it, but having it that way all the time doesn’t make sense to me. Anyway, thanks again.

+1

@unlessgames I would like to thank you for fixing the bugs :+1: