Ubuntu Studio 21.10 dialog box issue with rack 1 and 2

Hi !

Here is my problem : if I run VCV R1 or R2 with a maximized window, if I open a dialog box like “save as” this dialog opens behind the maximized window, I have to minimize the main VCV window (or “unmazimize” it) in order to see and access to the dialog box. Is there a way to avoid that and to have the dialog box in front of the VCV Rack main window ?

Thanks !!

In KDE you can set window rules so that any window that fits a certain criteria stays above others. Not sure what ubuntu studio uses but there might be something similar. You can also use alt+tab if you have that set to switch applications.

1 Like

I have had the same problem in the computer I work with, I usually use the option “rise window under mouse” and I am not fast enough to get to the save window, I cannot disable that option as it is it is vital for my animation workflow, have you tried disabling that option?

Yes, thanks, the “focus is under the mouse” seems to work. Didn’t know KDE Plasma could be tuned for such things !

#TroubleMind, alt tab works alos. But as I come from Mac/Win, alt tab was only to switch between apps, not between dialog and apps.

Thaks to both of you !

2 Likes