Time to play a video game...

looks like i will buy a new graphics card for my birthday

if i want to play starfield, i have to upgrade

On the positive side, and GPU that is remotely tolerable for a game will be way more than you need for VCV!

1 Like

Same. So far games I wanted to play have always been playable, but with upcoming releases it seems that is about to end.

Opened Session: Skate Sim again. Digging the 28 Days Later vibe, when pedestrians are switched off!

I’ve got a 1080 so I just scrape by on minimum specs. tbh my biggest struggle will be sorting out 125 GB of free space for the install!

1 Like

I just ordered a 1TB SSD for my wife. $80…

Yeah it’s just more expense and hassle. I’ve already got 5 SSDs in my PC so it means swapping one out for a bigger one. Just to play one game for a month or two.

ah, yeah. Have to confess I tend to keep games on a old fashioned spinning drive. cheaper and bigger…

Ah I kissed goodbye to my old spinning drives when I built my silent PC. It’s not silent obviously, nothing is unless it’s in the vacuum of space, but it’s a lot quieter than the one before it. My first office the Winchester disk was so loud you could use a DOS program someone had written to write tunes on for the squeak of the disk head to play :slight_smile:

yeah, luckily for me declining hearing has made the silent PC less of an issue. Still don’t like being in the same room with the file server as I have been the last few months. the spinner in my “desktop” shuts off most of them time. Only comes on to play games, where I don’t care.

1 Like

I have been working from home pretty much full time for 3 years and had to go into the office for a rare meeting last week. Went into the server room to take a look and completely forgot just how loud a room full of blade servers can get. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with that anymore!

1 Like

what i have (gtx1060 in desktop, rtx2060 in laptop) is actually all i need for vcv rack. i don’t usually go for big, sprawling patches.

otoh, with a beefier graphics card, i may finally be able to play skyrim at higher than 1080 resolution.

1 Like

MacBook Air :wink: It’s quite an experience actually. I’m obviously not saying that it’s powerful enough for anything you might do, but for moderate use it’s quite something.

I use an M1 macbook for work. I love how quiet it is. my intel macbook I had before that was awful - fans blasting away all the time.

1 Like

I’m playing Backpack Battles atm. No need for fancy graphic cards :wink:

Machinarium

3 Likes

So, was reminded of this as in the Amazon sale I got a 4TB SSD for £160/$200. Dug out a standalone disk clone box so I can clone a 1TB onto the 4TB and use an enclosure to turn the old drive into a superfast O/S backup device.

Starfield’s install size no longer scares me. :slight_smile:

Edit: Just did the upgrade. 3TB free and my old six hour backup to external HDD now takes 45 minutes. Happy days :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is such a detailled piece of artwork:

2 Likes

I m fan of those guys of Amanita, all the games are exceptional amazing , currently my son is having lot of fun with chuchel, is the craziest

I think they have a movie too

1 Like

I am playing Halls of torment. I like it, it’s not perfect, but it’s in really early access, I think.

Meanwhile I found a perfect game for me

1 Like

Just realised the official release of Baldurs Gate is just a few days away. I didn’t get involved in the early access as I hate incomplete game experiences so been waiting on this for a long, long time. 150 GB install, blimey!

I played the original BG games to death about 20 years back so really looking forward to this new iteration.