Time to play a video game...

When pausing Ohmer and OhmerPrems plugins development sessions, I go to HITMAN 3 (now HITMAN World of Assassination since… Jan 26th, 2023) and its new mode: Freelancer. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh! Thanks for the reminder! While I like the Hitman series (ask me about how I do the Berlin techno club level!), I’ve always been irritated with IO’s ways to distribute Hitman content in confusing layers of DLCs and editions and whatnot, amplified by having some Hitman on Steam and then some different Hitman on Epic. That ended yesterday, right?

Me, rn?

1 Like

You’re welcome, Urs! :wink:

Yep, the new Freelancer mode is available since yesterday. All tries I’ve attempted was… fail, because I suck at this game (yep, I consider this gameplay is very difficult, for me it’s a pain!).

During freelancer, you cannot save/reload, and the worst, you can’t quit while in campaign (even when you are at safe house between two missions), otherwise unfinished ruins the campaign! Yep you’ll must complete all 3-stage mission without exiting. Hope IOI will fix this (strange?) behavior, quickly.

I’m using Epic Games platform (Windows 10), only for HITMAN3 (and all DLCs).

Berlin was one of mine favorites map (I love Sapienza and Dartmoor, too) but I’ve finished then many weeks ago (I’ve finished all campaigns for HITMAN 3 first, then HITMAN 1 and finally HITMAN 2).

I highly recommend you this channel for help/tips/walkthroughs : MrFreeze2244 YouTube channel it’s my favorite HITMAN channel, despite English isn’t my main language (I’m French).

Shoot them up…

Will make a list

‘Call of duty mobile’ is free…and a really good game

You can customize the interface

‘PC-engine emulators’ are good…16 bit feeling with only 2 buttons

And the dream is Gran turismo with serious force feedback and 120 HZ

OpenRA is available … :smiley:

1 Like

Started another playthrough of Elden Ring. While I highly doubt that it will be an actual playthrough, given how vast this game is and how I’m being stripped of the curiosity which propelled me forward the first time, it’s still a masterpiece.

I’m waiting on Starfield, due out in September and I hope it lives up to the “Skyrim in Space” concept.

Was reading the history of it, apparently Bethesda wanted to do a space based game in the nineties and even briefly held the rights to make a game based on rules from the Traveller RPG. Shame that lapsed because I’d loved to have seen it.

Anyway this game should look pretty if nothing else

I finally cracked open The Norwood Suite last night. It is somewhat surreal.

Here’s a trailer.

I bought it after having gone through Off-Peak, which is a short free-to-play game from Steam.

1 Like

I’m loving the idea of playing a video game - I’m down for it! I’m a big fan of RPGs, so I’m currently playing The Witcher 3. What about you? What genre do you like? Oh, and I wanted to ask - how do you make money on audible? LOL, I’ve been trying to figure that out myself. I know you can get cashback on purchases if you use certain apps, but I’m not sure if that applies to Audible. Maybe you know something I don’t? Anyway, let me know if you’re up for a game sometime! It would be fun to chat and play at the same time. I need gaming companions really badly.

1 Like

I‘m really addicted to Super Auto Pets.

1 Like

During development pauses, this musical game (using mouse as controller, PC Windows 10):

Recently got back into OpenTTD (recreation and lovingly improved open source version of Chris Sawyer’s 1995 Transport Tycoon Deluxe). Huge time sink. Must stop :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t know if this qualifies as a video game, but I saw it recently on Tom Davies (Geowizard) channel and it’s a lot of fun to play. Even though the database is a bit limited, so some photos are repeating in different games. The gameplay is simple: you guess the time and location of a photo. It could be a famous historic photo like Marilyn Monroe with a dress or it could be some random photo from the creator’s archive like “My mates on a holiday”. Lots of fun if you are into these things

https://www.timeguessr.com

My honest highest score right now is about 35k (out of 50k), so I am a bit proud!

Nice, got 28,445 first go. Looks addictive.

Second go, 41,887, but three of the pictures were obviously from 1945 and two of them obviously New York, guess I got lucky!

1 Like

Yes, seen that, it’s quite something. But I’m pretty sure - issues aside - there is some level of scam in here. I absolutely don’t see how this movement and the detachment of looking and pointing can be achieved with mouse and keyboard - or anything other than VR. Or, maybe it is just a random wiggly offset that does all the magic and I’m just too used to the rigid connection of camera and weapon, but… looks shady.

1 Like

Yes It’s VR…

Just like that

From my advice,the best shoot them up for newcomers

Retroarch-Final burn neo…run-ahead 2 frames

1 Like

Yes It’s VR…

Ah, just noticed this. It’s not VR, the developers have confirmed this themselves.

1 Like