The House of GEODESICS

Yep, but how do you fit a 4*4 mod matrix of the LPF residual to cutoff in the unit?

EDIT: :smiley: ok, so the ZDF self modulation might be a bit hard.

No, mine was unrelated :slight_smile:

when I turn the knob, it switches through the ratios. And usually, cv inputs turn knobs for me, but this one keeps sweeping through the pitch

1 Like

Iā€™m having fun testing Dark Energy, itā€™s a very nice module. I know I sound demanding but itā€™s only because I like it, and want it to ā€œbe the best it can beā€. So you know the deal; you are free to ignore absolutely everything I say :slight_smile:

I would love a slider-setting in the context menu, where I can change the slope of the internal decay envelope, between linear (as now) and exponential. That would allow me to make some nice percussive basses that I like, without having to use external envelopes.

1 Like

Ah, I see what you mean. According to the manual thatā€™s deliberate. Only the knob is quantized to semitones, not the frequency CV input. Presumably to use the CV input for external FM.

1 Like

shouldnā€™t it just be exponential all the time?

Well, I would argue that if thereā€™s no choice, then yes, exponential would be most useful. But a sliding choice between linear and exponential might be even better.

1 Like

Thank you guys, new module is full of amazing features and sound of course!

10 Likes

Hi Friends, thanks for your kind messages! @LarsBjerregaard thanks for your suggestions :slight_smile: for the self and crposs mod, you cant modulate the two sides withc two different cv but:

• if you want to modulate both sides at the same time: plug the cv and attenuate with center knob.
  • if you want to modulate only one side: turn on center button, and points center knob to the side you want.
  • if you want to modulate both side alternativemely: do the same with bipolar cv, negative cv will modulate the opposite side

about having an exponential right click fader. Since the start of the project we tend to limit ourselves to things that could have an harware equivalentā€¦ itā€™s just a handy internal modulator. Weā€™ll think about it :slight_smile:

about the ratio quantization, yes, the freq mod input is free for ring mod synthesis purposes: try to set a nice sounding ratio with teh knob and send a quick envelope and listen to E, you will understand the idea :smiley:

about DC offset, sure it can and should be done (not for lfo mode) tho we have to check if it still allows for Eā€™s ring mod synthesis because this is technique very ā€œliberalā€ with the -/+5V concept :wink:

8 Likes

My first real play with Dark Energy. Liking itā€¦

6 Likes

Really loving Dark Energy tonight, I took one of JakoJakoā€™s suggestions about feeling uninspired and cracked open a manual and just worked through it.

Wanted to flag a silly typo - ā€œmuplitpiesā€ for multiplies. Itā€™s such a beautiful manual! Thanks for making these modules.

2 Likes

I have to say, itā€™s a very fun knob twiddler. Thereā€™re just so many sounds in there, and the way they interact with each other is so organic and nice.

Itā€™s a great match for vcv rack - the ability to move a knob, ctrl-z to move it back, ctrl-shift-z to return, double-click to suddenly re-init the parameter - what the computer interface lacks in physical knob twiddling, with vcv you get some really amazing things back to make up for it in terms of quick changes and repeatability.

I feel like the Dark Energy module really makes me want to take advantage of all of those different possibilities, pushing it into different dangerous territories and then quickly bringing it back in a controlled way. A very fun and musical module.

4 Likes