Studio D: Music From The Rack

That is great! No bass/sub problem here! Listening thru a home theater system.Denon 7.2 receive w/Heos and Atmos, have old speakers and sub but they do the job just fine.Love the composition.Was put together nicely.Lol, I tweaked the sub up in advance.Had the whole room shaking.Quickly turned it down.

1 Like

A long-ish (7’18" ) piece in three sections, getting acquainted with Vult’s wonderful Dopamine module (and a great cast of supporting characters).

Bursting out again ! Must be the nice weather we’re having…

(See the YT notes for patch details.)

Getting back in touch with the Amuse sequencer. As usual, patch details are in the YT notes.

4 Likes

Nice vibe to this one Dave!

1 Like

Love those juicy string sounds Dave…

Old friends meet new friends for a wild (mild?) ride with the Rack. Patch details on the YT channel.

2 Likes

It has a bit of a jazzy feel.

Something different. A short four-section piece focused on treating a vocal sample. As usual, patch details are available on the YT channel.

Webern?

I think I’m too lush for Webern. :slight_smile: But there is an inspiration at work here: Paul Lansky’s Six Fantasies On A Poem By Thomas Campion, it’s a very cool piece.

I’m feeling pretty lush myself!

1 Like

Listening to it again, there’s more Webern in it than I thought. :slight_smile:

I can’t get enough of Elements, it is an incredibly flexible instrument. Patch and notes available at https://patchstorage.com/a-chord-study-with-elements/ and comments are welcome. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wow

I’ve been on a roll lately. Further explorations of the audio processing capabilities of the Modal Synthesizer from Audible Instruments (aka Mutable Instruments Elements) and Smoke (aka Mutable Instruments Clouds). This one’s untonal, non-linear, and probably NSFW. Experimental music from Studio D.

Notes and patch available at https://patchstorage.com/elemental-quad-sampler-spectral-madness/

2 Likes

Wow, that’s some great sounds you get out of Elements there Dave, well done! I could never quite get the string sounds out of it that you get there, what’s the secret?

Hi Lars ! Elements is in its Chords mode, so you’ll want to look at the parameter set that goes along with that model. After that it’s just a matter of tuning the sound until you have what you want. I should add that the note selection in the sequencer was largely dictated by the chord sound the note created. Registers make a big difference, so I’ve exploited what I considered to be the better-sounding notes. I also have to mention that the Southpole Smoke module really adds animation to the overall sound of the patch. HTH! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always forget to hold the button down (or keep the gate open) so that elements does it’s thing.

I’ve been learning how to use all the sequencers from TheXOR’s plugin. Almost forgot about this one. Quattro is easy to use, loads of fun, and musically engaging. Patch is available at https://patchstorage.com/quattro-test-2/ for further development at your leisure. :slight_smile:

2 Likes