Studio D: Music From The Rack

Very nice Dave! I’m getting almost a Tanpura vibe in the background there, which I really like.

Everyone else is into live performance with the Rack, I thought I’d jump on the wagon too. Very simple stuff here but it indicates a new direction for me.

2 Likes

Very cool Indian vibes Dave, love that! I’ve been meaning to get to a patch like this for a long time…

1 Like

Thanks, Lars, I’ve been playing around with this and similar patches for the past few days. Terrific possibilities with VCV Rack + guitar, I’m a bit overwhelmed. I’m currently testing what I can do with the AI Texture Synth (Clouds), having great fun with that one. I’ll look forward to hearing what you come up with in this mode of music-making with the Rack. :slight_smile:

Ambient music for sure. Music made with VCV Rack v1.

I haven’t been around here much, too much going on in the more immediate ambience. I have been keeping up with development of v1 and its plugins, but this patch uses the new stuff only slightly. See the YT notes for details.

1 Like

Lovely ambient feel to it Dave, very Eno’ish!

An experiment using burst generators for free 2-part counterpoint.

Chilly noodles. :slight_smile: See the YT notes for a description of the patch.

More from la vielle virtuelle. See the YT notes for patch details.

Enjoy, and comments are always welcome.

2 Likes

I really like it ! The “vielle” has an interesting sound ! It makes me think of a one string hurdy gurdy ^^

1 Like

Bowed Study is interesting. Sounds like you’re trying to break some new grounds for yourself Dave.

2 Likes

Hi Lars ! Well, yes & no regarding the “new ground”. I’m a great lover of Medieval music, so the sound world I’m exploring is a familiar timbre space. Of course, generating that world in VCV Rack is the new thing for me. No end of exploration there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Faux Far Eastern music from an early Saturday morning in the truly Midwestern USA. Lots more info in the YT notes.

2 Likes

A bit too… “spicy” for my delicate ears :smile: But I can see where you’re going…

1 Like

Given the interest in Elements, here’s a swing at its use here at Studio D. :slight_smile:

1 Like

More fun with the Elements. Alas, the recording doesn’t do the bass justice, I advise running the patch yourself for the full effect. Assuming a good bass response from your speakers, of course.
2 Likes

Interesting Dave. That’s quite the bass you have there :slight_smile:

See the YT notes for details.

My wife thinks I’m getting ready for Halloween a bit too early…

3 Likes

Having fun with TheXOR’s interesting o88o sequencer. Also getting into the latest version of the Chronoblob2 delay, it’s running very nicely now on the latest Rack (local build from git source repo).

2 Likes

Thanks, Lars ! Sorry for the delayed reply, I’ve had some unexpected issues hit my well-being, but I’m mending quickly. I like that bass, but it really wants a subwoofer and a nice room to truly rumble your bones. :slight_smile: