stoermelder's PackOne v1.6

Thank you, Pierre! I guess I think the same way about your awesome panel designs :smiley:

3 Likes

Sadly nope, it latches as hell (see the screen)

And I even can’t unlatch it. I think that’s because it was designed as a keyboard. Because it works with your 8face (slot mode C4) very cool actually EDIT - but there will be an issue if we apply 2 or more instances and connect them like that. It would be interference for sure

I had to try everything I could think of with touchosc, as I definitely see this module making touchosc infinitely more useful. Certainly a problem/bug on touchosc’s end, the way it latches the high value for the tab swithcing doesn’t make any sense. But if it works with the way 8face is doing it, I hope you’ll consider doing it that way @stoermelder

the issue is if we gonna use more than 10 pages in touchosc we need to add another GOTO. it’s possible of course) but then we apply cv from 1v\oct and get an clash because C4 would be the same command for two different instances. So the only solution here is only if Ben going to implement C4 input for the module with separation in octaves, so we’d set for the first one C4 and C5 for the second, C6 for the third, like that. EDIT - this is of course for static midi mapping. But with dynamic we can just use push buttons, all on the same page, then use SAIL module and Encoder knob in touchosc paired with midi step and Pile. So buttons would send us to destination (module) we want and then we take our mouse for hovering needed parameter to change and use Sail’s encoder to change that. Kinda another workflow for GOTO module)

You guys are killing me :laughing: I added a second mode for the input port. It reacts on voltage change, except for 0V which does nothing.
Please let me know if it works you.

1 Like

Nope. But as long as TouchOSC holds the high value when switching tabs, I don’t see how it can work either. The messaging on tab switch in TouchOSC is just not usable, for anything, as far as I can see.

In this scenario you have to use MIDI-CV not MIDI-GATE, did you try that? It seems that „note off“ messages are missing which causes MIDI-GATE to stay high but MIDI-CV doesn’t care I think.

1 Like

thanks Ben! works for me! it just ignores C4, just because as you said this is 0volts in VCV) So we can’t reach the first slot via touchosc in that way

Aha, got it working now, haha.

1 Like

got it - B3 works nicely instead C4. Thanks Ben!!!

Nice :smiley:
One additional note: hotkeys are now disabled if cable is connected to the input. This way you can safely use multiple modules without worrying about the hotkeys.

1 Like

Nice too!) ten points for controller and ten points for keyboard - what a nice day today. By the way I’ve noticed that init doesn’t work on this module

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder, it’s on my todo list.

I’ve updated the links to the latest build.
Unfortunately I did something stupid before and I had to rewrite how settings are stored for GLUE and GOTO. Settings won’t be restored on patch-loading from the previous builds. I’m sorry for any inconvenience. Edit: essential data like GLUE-labels will be loaded correctly.

I’m updating and writing all manuals for my modules at the moment and I will hopefully complete until the end of the week. v1.6.0 should hit the VCV Library on the weekend.

2 Likes

Finally, I thought you were not human, but you are :wink:

8 Likes

Would it be possible to do a combination of STRIP and 8FACE, so that you have an 8FACE that switches presets on multiple modules in a row simultaneously?

Sorry, no. 8FACE is already a hack which lets Rack crash on some modules. Maybe the situation will change after I inspected the source code for Rack v2 but it’s a definitive „no“ for Rack v1.
You can open an issue on my GitHub to ensure this request won’t get lost. I think there is already an open one…

ok, I see there is a request already.

I just made another one though :slight_smile: which is to ignore empty slots when using a trigger to cycle through presets.

[EDIT: my bad, I was launching Rack 1.1.5 by mistake] Hey @stoermelder, looks like v1.6 has hit the library, congrats! However, updating doesn’t seem to work on my Rack (Windows). I’ve even tried to remove the previous folder but while clicking update, the folder is correctly downloaded but the modules don’t appear in the browser and the “update red dot” is still appearing in the Library menu. Same with MindMeld 1.1.6 by the way. Is there a problem with the Library at the moment?

Thanks a cheers! Just love your creative modules BTW!

Looks OK here on WIndows

1 Like