stoermelder's PackOne v1.6

did you watch the gif?

I have the same behavior here on my PC and my Laptop, both with Win10

first I mapped the parameters to the CV ports of Mirror and then, while still mapped there, I hit the µMap and try to map the parameter there too.

1 Like

Yes, I tried it exactly the same way, 5 times at least :woozy_face:

Using Goto, it centers the selected module when I press the hotkey, which is kind of a nuisance for me as I have Rack opened across two monitors. Meaning, the selected module gets placed across both/in-between the monitors. For this setup, and what I expected was for it to return me to the same view as I had when I set the goto-spot/hotkey. Other than that, brilliant idea.

Using 1.6a198935 on win 10 I have the same problem as @rsmus7 has and kills Rack. The latest version does not kill rack but removes the mirror links. EDIT : spoke too soon it also kills rack :frowning_face:

1 Like

I added a new option which disables centering the module. Maybe you can try it if it works for you.

@Yeager, @rsmus7, can you try the latest build (1.6.03048bd) I updated a few minutes ago? This won’t be the final fix but I’m interested if it still happens. I will test it on another system later…
Edit: I can reproduce it now, thanks anyway.

It works now, returns me to the exact position I set it at, awesome stuff =)

1 Like

It does not kill Rack any more :grinning: :+1: (but I will never use it like that anyway, I was just testing for @rsmus7 :stuck_out_tongue:)

Ok, I found the problem, thanks for reporting this :+1: Should be working without any deadlocks on Rack.

Should I download the beef or not 2beef build ? :rofl:

afbeelding

1 Like

I created a small video. Let me know if I can explain something :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m glad that it wasn’t a false alarm, and not only a mistake on my side :wink:

thank you, Ben, for your superb modules :+1:

1 Like

Niiice! Now I get it

1 Like

Just tried it - smooth transition is awesome! Could you also an option to disable storing zoom value? Since rack’s zoom is awful while fast changing but some times it’s nice for finding need module for faster storing into your modules at low zoom level

Option added. I updated the links in the opening post for the latest build.

wow, this is the WORKFLOW. thanks Ben, VCV Rack blackmagicwizard. Another thoughts (if you didn’t get tired of them of course)) - is it possible to do normalization to 1v\oct standard? I mean your classic impementation of 8face from C3 and higher? Also I’m already wondering about 25 hotpoints version (touchosc supports up to 25 pages per template for example, so with normalled 1v\oct CV input and 25 goto version (or twenty, like 8facex2 brother) it would be nice focusing for each page of midi layour for example. Your modules born so many ideas literally)

I‘m not sure what you mean with „1V/oct“-standard. Applying this standard makes no sense for me as I don’t have an oscillator or „octaves“?
Can’t you use multiple instances of GOTO? You can’t use the hotkeys then but it will work fine with triggers on the (polyphonic) input port?

thanks for clarifying! Even didn’t realize that it has poly trig input! It allows to do what I actually want. By 1voct I just mean 8face port slot mode - C4. But it doesn’t make sense yet with poly trig input)

Man, this is incredible! How do you come up with these things! it’s VCVracking VCVrack! inception!!!

You think you know everithing about sound synthesis? try VCV rack You think you know everything about VCV rack? try PackOne

Awesome work!

5 Likes

testing right now - pages on touchosc doesn’t generate triggers\gates, only latches CC or Notes. So to get it working how I want I need to use some kind of polyphonic CV to trigger converter or just C4 port mode like in your 8face module. Also tried midi mapping with Midi-cat but has no luck. Very strange behavior of page switching in touchosc itself, only notes are working ok but they are latches.

1 Like

Can’t you use MIDI-GATE?