Expect the unexpected.
I hadn’t had much time for development for several weeks because of my day job although I was playing around with several ideas in my head, especially a new sequencer, and a few others. None of these modules will be released in v1.6.0 simply because they are not ready yet
In the meantime I found a bit more time again and several other ideas came to mind, I also stumbled over something in Rack’s source code which gave me the idea to develop something different, some sort of labeling utility which I now call GLUE.
So, these are the new modules:
- GLUE: utility for labeling modules. Try it yourself.
- MIRROR: utility for synchronizing module parameters. Bind it to a module and synchronize knob/slider/button changes across multiple instances.
- AFFIX and µAFFIX: an insert on polyphonic cables for adding offsets in volt, semitones or ocatves. It looks a bit like POLY-CON from Bogaudio but it can be used as an insert for a cable and the notable detail about this module is that you can change how the knobs work: by default they simply add an offset in volts but you can switch to semitones or octaves on the context menu. Some sort of quantized offsets.
- GRIP: a locker for module parameters. It is a simple utility if you want to ensure a parameter is not changed by accident or by the “Randomize” function.
- GOTO: Utility for jumping directly to 10 locations in your patch by hotkey. Long press one of the buttons to learn the “jump destination” by clicking on a module afterwards, another long press clears the location. A short press centers the linked module on the screen. The current zoom factor is also stored.
There are also some new features and fixes for my other modules:
- Module MAZE
- Added option for disabling normalization to the yellow input ports (#95)
- Added independent ratcheting settings for each sequencer-playhead (#94)
- Module MIDI-STEP
- Added option for polyphonic output for all channels on port 1
- Increased number of CCs to 16 although 9-16 can only be used in polyphonic mode
- Module PILE
- Removed slew-limiting after preset-load
- Module ROTOR mod A
- Allow bipolar carrier signal / remove clamping on 0…10V
- Added offset for output channel number (#121)
- Module SAIL
- Rewritten how the target values are applied onto the parameters (#106). You can’t use IN and INC/DEC the same time anymore, just use two instances of the module.