stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

Hey Ben, sorry if this is already addressed, but when I set STRIP to ‘randomize parameters only’ combined with the new VULT modules, the randomization doesn’t work. It’s probably because of the new ‘what to randomize’ options in the VULT modules. Using Mac x64 Monterey.

Let me know if you can reproduce this. Greets, Jeroen.

I just ran into an unfortunate bug with Grip in 2.0.beta3 - it no longer locks any parameters for me. I have filed an issue: Grip completely dysfunctional · Issue #360 · stoermelder/vcvrack-packone · GitHub

I really like Grip when it works, as I have a number of emulator patches where I want to freeze a bunch of parameters, and only allow the user to interact with intended UI controls.

After some silence I got around fixing some bugs and adding a few requested features for the modules in PackOne. As I’m not yet convinced all crashes have been fixed I will do a beta4.
If you have any issues that have not been mentioned here, now is the time to let me know.

8 Likes

Is it me or is Goto a bit flaky? I’m getting inconsistent results when going from one place to another and back again. In effect, it goes to a random place on the patch away from any modules and zoomed right in. I’ve tried the ‘Ignore Zoom’ option on or off and it doesn’t help. Nothing about this on GitHub.

Intel Mac OS Ventura 13.6, Free VCV Rack2.4.1

Looks fine here, I can’t reproduce anything strange? There might be a problem with patches created in Rack v1, but I would need to check that.

It seems to work as long as you don’t zoom out or in after setting the destination. I’m zooming out to see my whole patch and setting up GOTOs to go from a Patchmaster control area to the modules they control and back again.

When I zoom in so I’m only seeing the control area, GOTO takes me somewhere else.

Can you send me a patch file? I need to check if wrong coordinates are stored or something else is going on, which I can’t reproduce on Windows.

This is a simple test file. The GOTO above has two green lights - the top one goes to Audio and the second one goes to Midi>CV. There is another GOTO next to each of these for the return.

GOTO Test.vcv (11.5 KB)

Oh my, there were some bugs, thank you!
It took me quite some time to figure it out: I tested GOTO only with hotkeys (Shift+1/2/…) and everything did work fine. What I didn’t realize that it did indeed behave strange when pressing one of the buttons by mouse :frowning:
Besides that, zooming was broken in some cases, too…
Anyway, it should be really fine now in the latest development build :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Thanks Ben :smiley:

1 Like

Every time I see you’re still here makes me filled with joy, haha.

Glad to see you’re still here for us Ben.

Cheers.

Jeroen

5 Likes

Hey @stoermelder Seeing a bug with MB, where it ignores the default preset if set for a module and loads the factory version instead.

Am I crazy or was there something in this thread about the possibility of a module that acted as a “folder” for your patch, expanding and minimizing groups of modules?

Here it is! Is this still in dev? Thanks for making third wall breaking stuff.

No, don’t expect any updates on this experiment.

2 Likes

Is it possible to save and recall a state for the whole patch?

Would be cool to have a mode for 8Face to store all settings in the whole patch and then maybe even morph between them…

You can do this:

See: Bind module (select multiple)

1 Like

i think they meant without having to select every single individual module, which is tedious as hell. i’ve also wanted a feature like this!

Yes, that is true. But I don’t think he will change anything about the modules, unfortunately

Thanks!

A function to immediately bind all modules per right-click-menu would be very convenient, but with “select multiple” it’s usable, too.

But… I don’t have that functionality in my 8face… and I just installed the latest build from github and it’s still not there… ?