stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

im so happy dear god I’ve waited for this for rack 2 for what feels like decades

Is beta 3 the same as the latest Development build [9cd8c3f]? Or can I assume the development is always ahead? Thanks for these updates. :pray:

It isn’t. Beta 3 leaves out the “preview” modules StripBlock and the FlowerSeq with it’s two expanders. If you want to play with those 4 then use the nightly dev releases, which you assume correctly are ahead.

3 Likes

wondering if the fold module will make it in eventually?

Thank you Steve.

1 Like

Another thing about the MIDI-CAT CLK expander is, if I understand correctly, you can set the MIDI messages to respond only when the CLOCK input triggers at one of the 4 inputs. I set the MIDI-CAT parameters to respond to CLOCK input 1 with it’s first FEEDBACK option.

The purpose is that when I press the connected MIDI controller to the clocked parameter, the output of the MIDI-CAT will be buffered until it hits the TRIGGER of the CLOCK input and then will pass through to the connected MIDI mapped module? Can’t get it to work properly on any of the feedback options btw.

The thing is I have to repeatedly hit the MIDI controller for this to sometimes happen. Not sure if this is a bug, or is it made to only respond when you hit the MIDI controller EXACTLY on the clock input trigger, because that is what it seems to be now. Or do I need to keep pressing the midi controller down, until the clock hits?

The idea is awesome once again, to have clock triggered midi outputs from MIDI-CAT.

@stoermelder Is there any chance of the T7 module making it into Pack One? I’m experimenting with it, using a grid controller for making patch connections. I’d like to base a performance on it but I feel nervous about building a performance around it if it’s really going to stay in the “experimental” stage.

Yes, your description is correct how it should work.
I haven’t tested the module extensively but what you are seeing might have to do with the selected input mode: In “Momentary” mode it makes only sense if you keep the note pressed while the clock triggers, and release it before the follow-up trigger. If you hit a note and release the module “buffers” only the last message, which means “note off”. This expander should be more useful in “Toggle” mode, I think.

1 Like

Steve’s answer is right: the development built contains a few unfinished and unreleased modules.

1 Like

Unlikely. It was an experiment in v1 and it does not work very well in v2.

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks for the reply!

Maybe. The modules would need a proper user interface and workflow how to learn and configure cable connections. In the current state the modules are far too hard to configure…

2 Likes

Say yes if this is possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it would help to have someone to bounce ideas and test alphas, I’m happy to help!

Come to think of it, what if 8FACE and TRANSIT had a clock trigger option implemented? So you can MIDI MAP the snapshots and have them triggered on the clock pulse.

Thanks Ben, I will definitely keep FLOWERS as it is such a creative sequencer.

They have, it is called „Arm“ there :grinning:

2 Likes

Darn…lightyears ahead maestro. Gonna dive in straight away!

Clocked ARM and connected the snapshots to my midi controller. It is a complete game changer, how did I miss that. Wonderful stuff.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but noticing with Strip++, the keyboard shortcut for adding selections on Mac is defaulting to Ctrl+shift+b even though the menu says it’s cmd+shift+b.