stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

ah… it’s the mk2… I thought there was just one and didn’t use the mk2

Works really nice with the mk2, and it actually makes sense to exclude some modules, like the clock for exampl, so that it runs through.

2 Likes

would still be slick to have a one-click to bind everything, and then un-bind your clock… instead of binding everything one by one.

The art of 8Face presets. It will add any module to an 8Face preset but many are not so useful or may cause problems.

I use it mostly for a combination of sequencers and quantizers so I can snapshot scenes in a track and switch in between them.

But there are modules that store too much data in a preset for the 8Face to manage in realtime. Like if you associate a MindMeld Mixer with an 8Face, it might take a noticeable amount of time to change every setting on a 16 channel mixer.

2 Likes

Greetings @stoermelder, is it possible to use your T7 module on mac arm?

I use a module with cable detection and have no way of controlling its clock behavior without un/patching. I would love to automate this behavior and map to an external controller.

1 Like

Is it possible to update uMap to be able to add cv to options that are only found in the right-click menu on modules?

I’m thinking about being able to control bypass, root notes on some sequencers, clearing buffers on delays etc.

Stoermelder Strip can do this. Other than that, no, as right-click menu options aren’t exposed as controls that can be mapped to.

Although many modules use context menu entries to control params, which I think could be mapped. In theory, I don’t think anyone does this. It’s been discussed, and my faint recollection is that it’s possible but would require some UI to support it.

Knowing nothing about anything code related, i would guess whatevers going on with dant’s purfenator and bright idea (expanders) would be an option. But obviously thats up to the dev to decide whether put in all the work required :person_shrugging:

Yeah, I’ve found that expanders are not that fun for me to make. And for sure a lot of my module have things that just aren’t controllable by CV, so I’m super glad that these Stoermelder modules are out there to solve that problem (without me having to do any work!).

3 Likes

I managed to create a new beta release with various fixes I did in the last 12 months.
Release v2.0.beta4 · stoermelder/vcvrack-packone (github.com)

Changelog for v2.0.beta4

Fixes and Changes

• Added panel option to follow Rack’s dark panel setting
  • Modules 8FACE, 8FACEx2
    • Allow disabling of “long-press” for changing the number of active slots (#354)
  • Module 8FACE mk2
    • Allow disabling of “long-press” for changing the number of active slots (#354)
    • Added HSL color picker for bound modules’ box
    • Fixed broken module-id mapping when adding using STRIP or STRIP++
    • Fixed crash while exceding 0…10V in Volt-mode (#377)
    • Increased maximum number of expanders to 15
    • Added missing reset-handling for “Trigger random”, “Trigger pseudo-random” and “Trigger random walk”
  • Module GLUE
    • Added HSL color picker
  • Module GRIP
    • Fixed broken parameter locking (#360)
  • Module GOTO
    • Fixed broken zoom behavior when jumping by buttons on the panel
    • Improved smooth transition speed on long distances (#376)
  • Module MB
    • Fixed crash on exiting Rack’s after adding MB (#352)
    • Fixed wrong hotkey modifier on Mac (Ctrl instead of Cmd) on Space-key
    • Added missing template loading after adding a module (#369)
  • Module ROTOR mod A
    • Fixed occasional crashes (#365)
  • Module SAIL
    • Fixed occasional crash (#358)
  • Module STRIP
    • Fixed crash in rare cases (Surge-modules) (#366)
    • Fixed wrong hotkey modifier on Mac (Ctrl instead of Cmd) on Cmd+Shift+L
  • Module STRIP++
    • Fixed wrong hotkey modifier on Mac (Ctrl instead of Cmd)
  • Module STROKE
    • Added commands “Zoom to specific module” and “Zoom to specific module (smooth)” (#357)
    • Fixed wrong hotkey modifier on Mac (Ctrl instead of Cmd)
    • Fixed broken “Zoom to module” and “Zoom toggle” commands (#382)
  • Module SPIN
    • Fixed middle mouse button handling in Rack v2 (#372)
  • Module TRANSIT
    • Allow disabling of “long-press” for changing the number of active snapshots (#354)
    • Increased maximum number of expanders to 15 (#381)
    • Added missing reset-handling for “Trigger random”, “Trigger pseudo-random” and “Trigger random walk”
35 Likes

Thanks for all your work on this Ben, I was particularly interested in the GOTO module.

I like the fact that you can tag a module and then move it and GOTO still finds it. I also like the fact that you can set one GOTO up with all the destinations, then copy and paste it to another part of the patch and it still works.

• Ignore Zoom Level works well
  • Jump Position - Top Left disables the Smooth Transition option (not sure if this is by design)
  • Smooth Transition works well

I find that on my Mac at least, the only combination of options that works is Module Centring with Smooth Transition, with or without Ignore Zoom Level. I suspect that changing from Module Centering to Top Left without turning off Smooth Transition first, is breaking the module but I haven’t been able to pin this down.

These setting work well though;

I’ve been messing about with Sail today to try to find a way to use the pitch wheel to move parameters. It involved a bit of math and using a VCO to retrigger the INC and DEC ports. The VCO’s pitch depends on how far the pitch wheel is moved so the parameter movement is proportional. Maybe and idea for a future module to avoid all these extra ones.

2 Likes

It was sort of “by design” as I was too lazy to implement it in the first place. I added it to the latest development build a few minutes ago.
Release Development build · stoermelder/vcvrack-packone (github.com)

1 Like

An automatic build is available in the meantime. Beware, all modules of “Pack Tau” should be considered “proof-of-concept” and not fully developed modules.
Release Nightly · stoermelder/vcvrack-packtau (github.com)

2 Likes

This is not possible if these options are not available as parameters on the module’s panel. Maybe 8FACE can help, as suggested already.

• TRANSIT is a parameter morpher, it interpolates the values of an arbitrary selection of parameters of any module in your patch.
  • 8FACE is a preset switcher. It saves and loads up to 8 presets of any module, including every setting, even context menu options, random states, loaded files and so on, anything the bound module stores in its preset.
  • 8FACE mk2 is a next-level update of 8FACE, it allows more than 8 snapshots with its expanders and simultaneously controlling multiple modules in your patch without the need of placing 8FACE mk2 next to them.

Thanks ben. your modules let me do what i do =] :heart:

2 Likes

Ben is VCV secret sauce :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I always use params for the right click things on context menus.

Just wanted to chime in and show appreciation for your work. I have recently discovered transit and 8face modules which are true gamechangers. :black_heart:

2 Likes

I’m not sure how often MIDI-CAT is used in these days, but I finally implemented a long-standing feature requst and added response curves for the mappings:

26 Likes