stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

FLOWER is already great. I guess the saving functions per scene are not functioning yet? Anyway, let me not keep you from working on the modules by this small talk here. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure, I didn’t look at it for a long time.
The thing is, the scenes include some aspects of the sequencer, not everything, especially the sequence is not included in a scene and stays always the same. The main purpose of the scenes is switching between different pattern-sequences shown on the right side.
Actually your question is the reason why I did not finish it yet, I was uncertain about the scenes and how they should work. The module is working great as is but I must re-think the concept.

Hah, thank you, awesome!

It works like a charm, thanks for implementing.

Very cool! I’ll definitely happily be using that!

That overlay for MIDI-CAT is really nice to have as well! No more need to zoom in! yeah!

Stoermelder Pack One is a box of dreams coming true! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey Ben! I have this thing I come across a lot when using TRANSIT or 8FACE that I want to insert an empty one in between two snapshots.

So right-click the snapshot of choice, and in the right-click menu, an INSERT (empty snapshot] option. So all the snapshots below move down a slot. This way, you don’t have to copy all slots below one down every time you need to have one extra in between.

Hopefully this is an easy one, or maybe it’s already possible?

No, not possible yet but should be no problem.

1 Like

That’s great Thanks in advance Ben.

Just checked the ‘Shift Back’ option. And where there is INSERT, there should be DELETE. :slight_smile:

Since the workflow of TRANSIT and 8FACE are almost like a live DAW itself, this seems a sensible option. Shift Back in nightly build works as expected Ben, that’s exactly the idea.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hello Artem, I have tried to recreate the set up for SWITCH44 and crew but not got the same results the 8Face modules seems to be stuck on the 3rd button. Can you think why this should be? Thanks for your time. Set up:

Ben, the Pack Gamma, I have put them into my VCV Rack Plugins1 folder but they have not shown in the Library, are they ‘build yourself’ or should they work as normal? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you picked one of the automatically generated builds, then yes, it should show up in your module browser. It is not released to the VCV Library and won’t be in the near future.

Thank you Ben, I will see what happens this time around. Will the world end if it was released in the Library? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Works fine here

Thanks for all of your incredible modules, and the work you put into them.

Quick question - is the strip folder still under development? or has that been abandoned? I would definitively use it if it were in the library.

Unrelated - I have an idea for your Transit (or a derivative) … Strike that, I had an idea, but then I realized I had misinterpreted the Transit phase mode behavior, and it already does exactly what I was looking for!

I should have known better - your modules are always extremely well thought out.

1 Like

I see you figured it out in the meantime, for everyone else I made a short video how the “Phase” mode works:

(Some jumps in the sounds are unavoidable because of the switches which change state at some point)

2 Likes

Yes - an amazing tool for sonic discovery, as well as performance. You have taken the morph feature that reviewers rave about in the PolyBrute, and magnified the power exponentially. Instead of user/CV control of the morph between just two snapshots like the PolyBrute, you can set a sequence of up to 64 snapshots and then smoothly morph between each pair of snapshots within the sequence. I love it!

How about the experimental folding module that collapses strips of modules - Is that still moving forward with the possibility of release? Or did you abandon the effort due to technical issues?

1 Like

What are your thoughts on making modules more “serachable”? I guess MB looks in the name and the description, similar to the built-in VCV browser? If so, jamming your description with a lot “SEO” words might make it more findable?

Sort of seem like there should be a hidden text field where a modal could dump free-form search matches? Or perhaps there are better ideal floating around?

1 Like

This! the ability for a developer (or even a user) to add custom keywords/tags to modules that will make them found in a search would be a great usability improvement… I regularly find myself searching for things using terms I expect to work but which do not return the wanted result unless the module happens to be named that thing.

“Euclidean” is a good example - returns Count Modula’s “Euclidean Sequencer” module but not Frozen Wasteland’s Quad Algorithmic Rhythm, Rare Breeds Eugene or Southpole SNS…

“High pass” returns nothing… but would be useful if it returned filters with high pass for example.

I think the VCV search does not even look in the description. Taking the QAR example again, the description is “4 track Euclidean and Golumb Ruler sequencer” but it is not found under “Euclidean” and “Golumb” returns no results at all. Including the description in search would be a good improvement to start with.

3 Likes

Good points! those are good examples you cite. The “official” tag system wouldn’t even be bad if there were say 10X as many tag choices. But the tags are already used as top level categories, which would break down if there were a lot more. But also searching in description, as you mention, might be a big improvement.