stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

Just tried out Prisma. Anyone who loves destroying audio is going to love Prisma!

2 Likes

Thanks, this is the first dsp-module I designed and developed mostly on my own :slight_smile: I’m pretty happy with the sound but not perfectly happy with the panel. It won’t be included in v1.9.0 of PackOne as it needs a bit more work but I hope there v1.10.0 will follow a few weeks after.

2 Likes

Not sure if I can post it here, but I noticed strange behavior with 8FACE and IVERSION. When I make a pattern in IVERSION and save it in slot one of 8FACE. Then change some triggers in IVERSION and save that one in a second slot in 8FACE. Then when I jump between the 8FACE slots, IVERSION jumps to a random position in the bar each time and losing it’s sync or first reset of the pattern.

I arm 8FACE and IVERSION to the same clock and set a sample and hold clocked through the gate to 8FACE for the exact same timing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Please try loading presets manually. If the module behaves the same way it has nothing to do with 8FACE and you should open an issue for the module.

[SOLVED] By Yeager. :slight_smile:

8face also stores the position of the sequence so if you save it on step 3 it will recall step 3.

2 Likes

AHA!! You are da man! That’s it. So every time you change the pattern, click the reset button and then save the 8FACE slot. YES! I love this community, haha! Thanks @Yeager

3 Likes

Just letting you know: This is now possible, in the context menu of the ME module. You don’t need the ME module in your patch afterwards, I just needed to put the settings somewhere.
vcvrack-packone/Me.md at v1 · stoermelder/vcvrack-packone (github.com)
Version 1.9.0 of PackOne should be hitting the VCV Library very soon, it has already been reviewed successfully.

2 Likes

This is an older request but finally I managed to add a module for that: STRIP-BAY (inspired by patchbays, obviously…) can be used to keep your all your cables when exchanging strips.
vcvrack-packone/Strip.md at v1 · stoermelder/vcvrack-packone (github.com)

2 Likes

So this means you can use several STRIP-BAYS to keep all those ins-outs connected? This saves so much time!

Yes, that is the idea. I made a short clip a few weeks ago how it works:

3 Likes

Brilliant. Absolutely making the workflow faster again.

BTW, 8FACE mk2 now has the select module uption and I see it’s very easy to unbind a whole module.

TRANSIT can only unbind by parameter, is it easy for you to implement an unbind whole module to TRANSIT as well? Not pushing you into more work, but if it’s easy to do… you got my vote. :slight_smile:

Yes, possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing! No patch without TRANSIT for me. The workaround now is Bind Select the whole module to another TRANSIT and then delete that TRANSIT so it’s unbound again. But thanks in advance man!

This is happening:

3 Likes

PUREST magic! thank you!

Added in the latest development build :yum:

Master at work. Thanks so much man!

Development Build is Nightly Build? That’s where Flower is in as well now right? Which is another cool addition btw. Loving the easy randomization of it.

Yes, “Nightly build” is the development build, I need to change that text. And yes, FLOWER is there too, something I should finish and finally release in the near feature.