Squinky Labs Announcements. Updates to Sequencer, and bug fixes in 1.0.6

Now in the plugin manager – we have a pair of new mixers that use the v1 expansion interface to wire themselves together behind the scenes without patchcords. The master mixer is called “Form”, and the expander is called “ExFor”.

We started with our popular Mixer-8, modularized it, and added more features. It now was two aux busses, choices of pre/post fader on the sends, anti-pop on all the CV inputs (not just mute), and audio taper on most of the volume controls. less-close

25 Likes

That is just…< insert amazement here >! :+1:

1 Like

Major Cool Breeze

2 Likes

Hey Squinky.Labs, could you also give my life some meaning please? Love ya.

2 Likes

Hi @Squinky,

I just tried “Form” few minutes ago, and it’s really wonderful that one can add as many “ExFor” as channels one may need, but! … there is something I would like to ask you…

Is it normal that you can only “solo” one channel at a time? … Since if i “solo” another channel, the first one is turned off, and so on … I have checked the other mixers i usually use (KoralFx Mixovnik, VCV Console, MsHack Mixers) and the normal behavior is that one can “solo” as many channels as one needs.

Thanks a Lot for such a wonderful modules! :clap:

So, I just tried this out…and it’s like some kind of wizardy. I 'm having to prevent myself from moving the expander back and forth from the main module.
“Ha, ha, now there’s sound.”
[moves module]
“Sound is gone!”
I could easily lose hours.

2 Likes

His Mixer-8 module can also do this when you hold ctrl button and click, AND with 1 click I can Unsolo them ALL ← this is great , so I assumed that this would also work on Form but sadly it doesn’t. Still a great mixer :grinning::+1: Thanks Squinky

Well, i’m in Mac, and neither ‘command’ (windows key) + click, nor ‘ctrl’ + click, nor ‘option’ (alt) + click do what you say … in fact, ‘ctrl’ + click opens either context menu (“Mixer-8”), or module menu (“Form”) … Mmmm :thinking:

p.s.: i must say that i had not tried Mixer-8 before.

I’m on Windows (7) and it works as I described above Ctrl+leftclick adds to the solos on Mixer-8 NOT on Form.

I can’t understand why :thinking: … If there is any “limitation”, one accepts it or not, and uses another tool, no? … For me it’s like using Vim (terminal code editor) and accepting its “supposed limitations” or use VisualStudioCode / Atom / SublimeText (GUI code editors) to write code.

He just meant he is having fun with that and could play with it for hours :laughing:

I don’t doubt that it is so in Windows, i only stated that in Mac it is not so (neither with “Form” nor with “Mixer-8”) … Anyway, let us see what @Squinky says about it.

p.s.: sorry if you (and @Olival_Clanaro) took my words as personal, i understood quite well what you said the first time :pray: :hugs:

2 Likes

Oh ok i thought you had misunderstood :smile:
But i still think ‘‘pluging’’ and ‘‘unpluging’’ Form is funnier than using Vim :laughing: #teamATOM

1 Like

I’m learning Vim this days (together with golang and python), and i must say that i like it A LOT! :laughing: :sweat_smile:

#Terminal4ever :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, everyone above is correct. Mixer-8 does have multi solo available with ctrl-click, but Form and ExFor do not. It was an intentional omission, as the solo bus logic between the modules is pretty complicated, and we wanted to release this thing sooner rather than later. Hopefully it will get added soon.

5 Likes

Hope so. The mute buttons work as expected.

It is often requested - will try to do soon.

3 Likes

Form is my new favorite mixer. Excellent work!

1 Like

The only drawback I see with the mixer is NO stereo channels…

3 Likes

Would also be nice besides the 4 channel mono expander, a 4 channel stereo expander would be nice…

1 Like