Slime Child Audio - Substation plugin released!

Hello! I’m extremely excited to announce the release of my first module, Substation!

Substation is a collection of modules designed to create a subharmonic, polyrhythmic synthesis toolkit.

Craft rich harmonic soundscapes, powerful chords, and evocative harmonies. Explore deep polyrhythmic patterns and melodies that evolve over time. Move from gentle analog saturation to unrelenting distortion. Carve out dynamic articulations ranging from percussive stabs and punchy leads to lush pads and fluid drones. You never know exactly what you’re going to get with Substation. Unleash your creativity, and let the inspiration flow.

Check out the website for features and samples, or search for it on the VCV Library!

Please send me anything you make with Substation! I’m happy to feature your patches or music on the website too!

25 Likes

Sneak peak of other Slime Child modules currently in development:

• More modules and expanders for Substation
  • Granular pitch shift / reverb / delay designer
  • Hybrid waveshaping synth toolkit
  • And more :slight_smile:
11 Likes

Congrats!!

2 Likes

Looks like a great package! Will happily try it out later.

1 Like

Here’s a little demo patch that was made during the testing period :slight_smile:

11 Likes

As if there weren’t enough damned modules… only joking, bought it on spec, looks good.

1 Like

Blooming marvellous the ‘Granular pitch shift/reverb and delay designer’, the very words move my soul!! The Substation, I have just purchased. Can’t wait for the Granular modules they sound wonderful. Thank you for making these Coriander [very exotic name if I may say so]. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Congrats, @slimechildaudio!

That manual, tho - :100: & worth the wait! I had a lot of fun with these during the beta before I knew what I was doing. I’m excited to RTF(antastic)M & dig back into these at soonest opportunity. InstaBuy.

2 Likes

congrats for this fine release :+1:

2 Likes

Nice work, congrats on the release!

2 Likes

Beautiful work!

2 Likes

Excellent work! Modules, manual and website all top notch. Instabuy.

And what a beautiful demo Latif!

4 Likes

Proper

2 Likes

Not properly stereo’d in any way, but here’s a wall of synth snapshot. Those oscillators are really yummy :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This patch is particularly great sounding. @purf

3 Likes

What a great suite of modules for a very reasonable price! The polyrhythm sequencer is awesome!

3 Likes

nice concept, nice design, nice sound, nice price. super nice!

2 Likes

I am just learning to control the beast that is the sub oscillator-only used one and got some get sounds out of it, I found it does need Reverb to make it truly sing. Not sure if my rendition is any sort of guide to the beautiful noises it can make. So how do i supply u the audio and the patch, that is if you think it’s worthy. I will put the audio on Soundcloud and the link on this thread. I await your judgement.

Substation -Beast Or Beauty by Adrian Bottomley | Free Listening on SoundCloud

4 Likes

Even without stereo it’s incredibly spatial! I picture vast desolate alien landscapes from some Frank Frazetta painting. Thank you for what is quite a significant contribution. https://pin.it/2vMqtSa

1 Like

I was surprised and excited this morning to see that Sonic State published an article about the Substation release!

7 Likes