Seaside Modular Announcements Thread: v2.5.2

Definitely plan to remove it before submitting to the library. It’s only useful while debugging etc. No need to keep it in there when submitted.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I made a version today that is 10X faster. not sure if it works right…

11 Likes

Testing with a simple patch, it sounds the exact same to me; not to mention the ~90% CPU reduction.

Oh, great. Thanks. Should be exactly the same.

Amazing. Thanks for coming out of retirement to work on this, Squinky! :slight_smile:

When I get some free time (sigh, holidays over) I’ll merge in Squinky’s changes and the GitHub actions as well to compile for all 3 platforms that cosinekitty has helped me with.

6 Likes

Jawarri.cpp line 40 allocation outside step.

I don’t see any allocation on line 40 of that file. Which repo are you referring to?

The sample rate is loaded on module initialization, and getSampleRate() is only called once?

Yeah, I think that’s just the constructor.

New version of Jawari is available for testing:

• Rearranged panel layout to be more intuitive, with wider slider
  • Reduced CPU isage
  • Fixed buzz on lower string
  • Fixed output levels
  • Removed DC offset
  • Added RESET
  • Fixed tuning to C

Builds for mac, windows, and linux can be found here:

11 Likes

working fine here on Win 11 VCV 2.2.3

I installed the newest version under Win11. When opening a Jawari containing patch from back in January, I get a Rack crash and Rack will not start back up until I start with a new patch and then I can load other patches, but not my Jawari patch. Is there anything changed that might result in a crash with old patches?

Well, I seem to have a plugin installation problem. I cannot see Jawari no matter what I do. I’ve deleted the plugin and installed the referenced new Win build, to no avail. Do I need to unsubscribe in the Library?

Yeah, I am in an endless update loop where I always end up with the previous version. I’ve been here before with other plugins but don’t remember how I solved it last time.

Okay, after getting out of the update loop successfully, I am back to crashing Rack as soon as I add Jawari to a patch in Win11.

BTW, I am working under Rack Pro 2.2.3

I can add Proteus and pX 2.4 to the patch without crashing.

The crash occurs even when I add Jawari to an empty new patch.

Yup, all fixed, thank you very much! It’s a real pleasure to use now…

2 Likes

I don’t know why an older patch would fail, but the current plugin doesn’t print out those INFO statements any more so in this blue pic at least it seems to be running an older version of Jawari.

I do not have a Windows machine to test on, does anyone else with Windows experience this crashing?

Yes, the blue text crash was associated with the update loop I got trapped in for a while. The black text was definitely with the newest version.

Since there is no log stack trace, it is difficult to have any idea what is causing the crash.

I tried deleting the autosave files but the crash persists.