Seaside Modular Announcements Thread: v2.5.2

Yup, I got you, just confirming this is a bug. Logged it.

1 Like

I downloaded that but the table thing doesnā€™t show up. Any ideas?

Hi, youā€™ll need to unzip the download and put the .vcvplugin file in your Rack folder. Have you done that and itā€™s not showing up?

Exactly what I did. Iā€™ve downloaded it a couple of times to make sure soā€¦ I also went in the Library and added all plugins from Seaside. When you say put it in my Rack folder IO presume that you mean the rack\plugins like all of the others.

Ah could be the olā€™ whitelist issue. If you have another Seaside module in your Library already, it will whitelist that one and then not see the new one. The easiest thing to do is to go to the Library website and --Remove any Seaside module, but then go and ā€œsubscribeā€ to the plugin as a whole, on the plugins page, which should get you any seaside module without specifying a whitelist. The plugins page is here:

1 Like

No, I thought so 2 but it still didnā€™t work. Donā€™t worry about it. Just keep working on it and once itā€™s in the Library Iā€™m sure it will work then.

I get into this loop almost every time I install a build outside of the library route, but I am never sure of which step I did fixed the problem as I always get it fixed, somehow. One thing I have fell victim to multiple times is that after installing a new version that is not in the library but has a new version number is that Rack will always offer a rollback ā€œupdateā€ option in the Library tab. Right now for Seaside Modular it offers me the ā€œUpdateā€ of 2.5b1->2.4.2 . Obviously, donā€™t click on that unless you want to roll back to the library version 2.4.2, but also do not click on ā€œUpdate Allā€.

It is worth checking to see what version is showing up in a patch with a Seaside Modular module in it after you install the beta version.

I usually end up removing all modules from my profile in the library, unsubscribing to the plugin. But, sometimes that does not seem to work but something eventually does work. I wish I understood the magic better.

could edit the version in the plugin.json to match the previous one and no more rollback (which I thought was fixed in Rack).

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™m not sure what changed but I now have it. Also, there is a proteus plus which I havenā€™t heard about.

Ha. Oops, didnā€™t mean for that to be in this branch. Itā€™s currently just a way for me to test some things. But hey, now that you have it, the Lamba, Gate, Octave, and Mutate knobs change some of the parameters of how the melodies are generated (repeats, ascends, descends, and totally new note probabilities respectively). Ultimately I will paramaterize this to allow for different sorts of melodies to be generated (e.g., simpler ones for basslines).

2 Likes

Beta 2 is now available.

Changes:

• New resampling engine, hopefully makes things smoother at other sample rates. Max sample rate is 192kHz.

• Changing sample rates while playing should no longer result in cracks and pops

• Currently selected theka is now saved

• Button lights are handled differently, hopefully eliminates bugs with those

Builds available here:

4 Likes

OK, the crackling and clicks are gone, the new resampling engine seems to work just fine and uses very little CPU. Excellent.

The phantom lights are still a thing, here is a screen recording of it happening:

Let me know if that link works for you, should but community server seems to have some issue with the link, not sure why. It is set to be unlisted, so should be fine for anyone with the link, (at least by what I can tell)

Thanks! So I think that may be working as intended actually. The lights only indicate the bols played by the premade Teental sequence. They donā€™t light when you directly trigger the sounds. Maybe thatā€™s confusing. Youā€™ve got both happening in this video.

Teental goes Dha, Dhin, Dhin, Dha, so your first two clock in triggers are triggering Dha then Dhin. The lights shouldnā€™t overlap (they should stay on for half a beat only) but that could happen if you have a really slow pace like this and it hasnā€™t gotten a handle on what your tempo is yet (takes a few beats to calculate it).

doesnā€™t seem to be out as it just stays playing like that if I let it but OK, maybe just confusing indeed. works other than that as I thought it should. Could be my misunderstanding of how indian percussion works/gets played IRLā€¦ lots to learn still, the never ending quest, keeps me interested :wink:

Itā€™s probably the way the module works thatā€™s confusing more than the music!

Just to make it clear, try taking all triggers off of the individual sounds, and just send a regular trigger into the CLOCK section. Maybe I need to relabel CLOCK IN to something like ā€œNEXT NOTEā€.

2 Likes

That is how I am using it, with an actual CLOCK but could be a trigger sequence. I have not connected up triggers to any of the individual inputs.

I have been playing with Tala and it is really good. The only suggestion I have is to make an expander which has a volume for each sound and possibly pitch control.

1 Like

Yeah pitch control would be nice. The samples are from an open source library, and are only recorded in the pitches you hear. So Iā€™d have to either do some pitch-shifting or record a whole library of samples, which, maybe one day. So Iā€™ll probably check out some pitch-shifting libraries first.

2 Likes

Write to the guy that does Voxglitch as he does that in several of his plugins.

I would love to be able to pan the different bols, although this is probably very ā€œun-tablaā€ like.