Rack2 crashed when searched more modules

Rack 2.0.0

ROG flow x13, Windows11

This computer does not support rack1.X since in Windows 10.

The rack2.0 program can now be opened, but crashes when looking for more modules.

Love your products, hope it can help me solve the problem

2 Likes

I just deleted the entire Rack 2 user folder and redownloaded the module, but the problem remains

I solved this problem in a very compromising way.

Removed the following brands and it won’t crash, but if you don’t filter to find the plugin, but pull down directly, it will cause the thumbnails not to show.

Bogaudio cf ChowDSP HamptonHarmonics ML_modules MSM NYSTHI OrangeLine unless_modules voxglitch VultModulesFree ZZC

I don’t have many subscriptions, but Bogaudio is amongst them. I’ve not had any problems with Bogaudio in the browser. Windows 10

Hello I had the same issue with Vult free. Removing it made rack not crashing when browsing the modules

Strange, I can’t see some modules Omri shows (plateau, t-rex) maybe only available via there GitHub site

cheers Spontex

Hello! I have the same problem with v2, opening and swiping down on search for modules crashes. Does someone has the same problem or know how I can solve it? Thank you!!

Omri made his video with a beta version of Rack and beta modules from the developers before the v2 library even went live.

Valley is now in the library

1 Like

I had to remove the modules from: bogaudio, valley and VCV Drums. Now it doesn’t crash. Hope to add them again later.

Valley still causes crashes and had to be removed. Goodbye to my favorite Plateau :cold_sweat:

I have the same problem. I can’t see lots of modules in Rack browser. I found One solution : decrase framerate ratio ( in menu “View”) from 59Hz to 30hz and this works perfectly . Cheers

1 Like

I have 2 Plateaus in every patch, no crashes at all (win10) since Beta1

I found a way to use Plateau, which means a direct search is possible, but if I use brand to search for valley, it just dies. How do I delete the other modules in valley and keep only Plateau? I have tried to delete some files in the valley folder without success.

go to VCV library website, log in, select Valley and unsubscribe from the ones you don’t want?

Is this using the library version? What OS are you on and are you using the official release of Rack? You can always message me if there’s an issue with my plugin :blush:

Are you using the library version? I recently published it officially through there. The old beta version breaks the official release version of Rack v2

WOW. Official valley :grin: THANKS. I’m using the latest version of rack and the new version of valley that I just upgraded today. everything is working fine on my old computer, but for some reason, it keeps having problems on the new computer.

Rack 2.0.0

ROG flow x13, Windows11

This computer does not support rack1.X since in Windows 10.

The rack2.0 program can now be opened, but crashes when looking for more modules.

I don’t want to not use Valley on another computer. maybe I’ll have to apply for another VCV account :rofl:

was just suggesting as a solution for your immediate [problem. Of course updating things to official if running beta is always advised

Interesting. I would have thought that if it worked in beta-2 it would work in release-2, since the ABI was frozen/stable.