Purf patches - Previously, on VCV

VCV RSCL and CV MIX can provide a single constant value if not given any input. CV MIX will sum all three knobs, so that has a +/- 30 V range.

Alikins Reference Voltages is the ultimate in convenience for common integral values.

Venom MIX 4 was inspired by VCV CV MIX. It can also provide a single CV value, except there are 4 knobs, and the Mix gain can go as high as x10, so the range is +/- 400 V. Note the Mode (small M button) must be in a bipolar mode (green, light blue, or dark blue) to get voltages without input. If in unipolar mode (pink or purple), then the knobs only attenuate/amplify the input.

Venom VCA MIX 4 combines features of MIX 4 plus VCV VCA MIX. So it can provide 4 CV values. If you really want you could get a fifth value using the Mix gain against the sum of all 4 values.

A couple nice features of the Venom modules

• Each knob has options within its context menu to lock the knob. Once locked, the value cannot be changed until it is unlocked. There are also module context menu options to lock/unlock all parameters.
  • Each knob context menu also has an option to set the default to the current value. So you might have a patch where you typically want to use some default value. Set that as the default. Then you can change the value during performance and quickly get back to your custom default by double clicking. Once you have defined a custom default, an additional option appears to restore the factory default.

Knob lock - default

Now that you have brought up this topic, I think I will create a 3 hp module with 5 knobs at the top and 5 outputs at the bottom for constant voltages. I will likely include range and possibly unit options.

If you want constant values for pitch, then you have at least two good options.

Bogaudio Reftone gives very convenient access to any pitch via the C4 = 0V standard

ML Modules Constants provides convenient access to commonly used intervals using the V/Oct standard

Pitch Constants

4 Likes

I often find myself wanting a) to really explore what a modulation does, b) a bridge for midi control or c) make a pretty colour in Nysthi’s Etchasketchoscope :wink: , so…

:+1:t3:

I use 8-vert for everything. Probably my most used module.

3 Likes

Pulled the old devices out. Should do this so. much. more. often.

Keystep, Microfreak, Makenoise Strega and Mr. VCV on the reverbdelay.

2 Likes

As I was saying…

… turns out, driving a piece with 16 LFOs can be pretty interesting even if they never line up again - some LFOs run at the same frequency so there are chords at a constant pace - or for that matter, the repetition of the lowest resp. highest note - around which everything else flows.

(Noire, Resonator, Clouds)

7 Likes

Definately! Very nice piece. Reminds me of my own experiments here, here and here. I called it “phase loops” and used ELSKER for LFOs with delayed onset in that case.

1 Like
5 Likes

Really liking that sound, nice!

1 Like

More of a demo of the dBiz clock divider than anything. And I recently recorded the process of making these videos and felt inspired to do more of that. Also Slips. Slips is good!

9 Likes

I enjoyed that - minimal but really tasteful…

Nice tune Urs. I think you might like this one - 1-16 clock divisions OR’ed or XOR’ed as you like, in 3 HP:

I used it recently, very nice little module.

3 Likes

Yeah, good one too, wasn’t aware of it. I do like those physical modules though. As I tend to map a lot.

1 Like

Sorry for the OT but how do you set those backgrounds?

… here’s a x3 timelapse:

4 Likes

… in which every EOC advances slips’ playhead by one step.

9 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

Oh boy, that is really nice! Which VST’s are used? Samples?

1 Like

Thanks, guys :slight_smile: Piano is the wonderful Native Instruments’ Noire, the woodwind is (the free!) Gentle Winds.

2 Likes

this is VERY lovely and soothing. :heart:

1 Like
7 Likes