Prok Modular Update

Not had a chance to play yet but this is really exciting, tuning is the only thing I ever wanted/needed with these modules so they are perfect now.

Thanks to help from @robb the linux build is fixed. It should be live in the library very soon.

thank you so much, amazing addition to the family! another suggestion from me is another expander with AMP envelope control :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another update, this time purely cosmetic. You can choose the colour of the LED for the trigger lights on the drums. Available from the module context menu.

This is to match the hardware modules where you can now also choose your LED colours.

If any of you are owners of Prok hardware we also have a firmware update which enables the CVs to be assigned to Tuning and Decay on the real modules as well.

5 Likes

@prokmodular i tried searching the post history but didn’t find anything. any plans on updating prok modules to v2 soon-ish? i know v2 just released yesterday, but I was wondering about an estimate.

1 Like

I will be looking at it over the weekend. I did get them working with the very first public V2 alpha, but not had time since. So hopefully very soon, but no promises.

9 Likes

The modules are available in VCV 2 now.

19 Likes

whoop whoop!! :heart_eyes: :partying_face:

1 Like

Nice one Prok Modular!

1 Like

My favourite drums in Vcv. Yay!

2 Likes

Thanks @prokmodular, so glad to see these still available!

1 Like

Has someone tried to use the Prok modules in Bitwig with VCV VST ?

I can’t reload my patches in saved projects when i use them, getting this error message : Could not read async reply : end of stream : broken pipe.

I also checked this issue with Hampton harmonics Progress or Valley Terrorform.

Bitwig is my main DAW and so far i’ve not had any issues reloading projects with VCV and Prok modules inside.

Probably best to contact support@vcvrack.com and if it is a problem I need to fix hopefully they’ll let me know and i’ll get onto it right away.

Hi I’ve already done a support request. I’ll wait for an eventual solution. Thks

I can confirm this report. You can reproduce it by:

• add vcv vst and load a prok module
  • delete the vst
  • undo

It seems like the font issue that many plugins have had, look at the NYSTHI thread recently. I think it’s #2 here VCV Manual - Migrating v1 Plugins to v2

ok, thanks. That’ll be a quick fix. I’ll get onto it first thing tomorrow.

3 Likes

Can confirm the crash on reloading the VST on Mac Big Sur M1

The update has been sent to VCV, just waiting for the library to update.

7 Likes

Thanks so much!

Ahh just traced what looks like the same issue in Reaper. Seems the same anyway. Took me a while to narrow it down but, to reproduce:

• Create and save a patch in VCV standalone with a Prok module in it. Exit.
  • Open Reaper, load VCV VST into a track, load patch.
  • Save Reaper project and close Reaper
  • Try to reopen the project: crash.

(Removing the Prok module from the patch resolves this issue)

Windows app log says librack.dll faulted.

Fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Can confirm this issue resolved for me since todays update, hurrah!