Porting Squinky Labs to v2

Thank you very much!!

Are you planning ot go over the old github issues or where can I transfer my suggestions for additional / alternative features? (My main one would be to unlock the ratios on the kitchen sink and let them be <1)

https://github.com/squinkylabs/SquinkyVCV/issues/213

Good question. I will have a look at what is currently in there and see if there is an easy way to migrate from the old to the new repo.

But to go safe, you best raise the requests or issues on my new own github as everything that is posted there I will look at.

Issues · kockie69/SquinkyVCV-main (github.com)

1 Like

hi Robert, I tried to install the 2.0.10 version here on win10, but when I start rack and want to open the module browser rack crashes repeated.

msys64 shows:

.....Loaded SVG C:/msys64/home/xxxxxx/rack/plugins/squinkylabs-plug1/res/mixm_panel.svg     
make: *** [Makefile:104: run] Segmentation fault

when I delete squinky from my plugins rack works fine again, v2.0.5 works fine too

Just FYI it seems to work fine here on Mac.

If you run that in gdb and get it to break into that you can type bt and get a good stack. Wait, isn’t there a crash log?

I’ll keep stuff around in my repo. I don’t plan on getting rid of my issues.

??? I don’t understand no nothing of this sentence.
what is gdb? break into that???
type bt??
get a good stack???
sorry, no idea what you’re talkin about

1 Like

Ah, ok. Mostly for people who already build themselves. Then it’s easy. You get no crash log?

I had a similar problem. I have uploaded a new windows version that works for me.

1 Like

I use Seq++ all the time. Write stuff in MuseScore → export to MIDI → import to Seq++. Killer when my banjo teacher gives me sheet music!

2 Likes

Reposted 2.0.10 Win port works like a charm thus far, thanks for all the great work @robert.kock

yep, the new version works here too :+1:

I have created a new version for the latest build. Available for download here:

Release Release v2.0.11 - Rack version 219bbaf1 · kockie69/SquinkyVCV-main (github.com)

2 Likes

looks like compressor is dumping tons of trace type data to log file with latest build for 219bbaf1… Somehow got turned on again in your latest build… remove compressor and log goes back to normal. I am on win10

Oh yes, my wrong. Published the wrong version that did not have the hotfix that solved the logging issue. I have uploaded the (now hopefully) right packages.

1 Like

if you updated the builds, the win10 build still has same issue…

Do you mean you pushed the changes to the repo? Then I will build it myself to check

Did you pick the windows-219bbaf1.zip ? I saw the old files were stil there although I thought I deleted them.

Hi Robert ! From the latest pull, the SFZ Player was reporting a mass of TestDisplayBase messages. Commented out the INFO line in src/ctrl/TextDisplay.h to fix.

Can you please check again, as I had updated them an hour ago.

the windows-219bbaf1.zip indeed works fine (as far as Compressor is concerned)