Porting Squinky Labs to v2

Thanks for your work on this ! I built and tested (lightly) the plugin this morning. Two observations: In the Rack simd headers vector.h is now Vector.h. I also had to add

#include <string>

to util/SqLog.h to remove the error

string in namespace std does not name a type

On to testing more modules. Btw,

VCV Rack CE v2.git.b04e4117

1 Like

There is always @dlphillips to catch these mixed case issues on Linux! Note to others - you need to keep a linux around for this. Free VMWare and Ubuntu has worked for me.

Yeah, missing header files -it’s the worst. Usually your code runs for years fine, and then you find out you left out a header that used the included by luck, or your compiler gets more strict…

2 Likes

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your work on this - I got quite a few warnings and one error when building your repo on Mac that prevented the build from completing.

Perhaps this grab from the end will be helpful?

Everyone, can you please raise all future bug reports and compile problems in Github issues if possible?

Thanks Robert

1 Like

Thank you for this. Applied the changes and published to the latest repo.

2 Likes

Can you please get the latest repo from Github and retry? Think we had the same problem on linux which has been fixed.

Thanks Robert

Sure will do - if all good I’ll let you know here but if still problems I’ll report on GitHub

1 Like

It now builds successfully :slight_smile: although still a fair amount of build warmings so I will post the build log on GitHub if that helps

Steve, the warnings I have seen have to do with the formatting of the code, shouldn’t be a problem. But yes, please post them to github and I will check if there are some that need to be fixed.

There have always been a lot of warning on Mac. Esp that one about gc not understanding function inclining options. Are there even more now, @steve ?

I don’t think I saw that one :slight_smile:

The ones I am seeing are about unused variables, control may reach end of non-void function, private field ‘module’ is not used, expression result unused, format string is not a string literal, Input screen described as a ‘struct’ but previously described as a class… etc

Is there a beta build available for mac? that was done for: 2.git.b04e4117

I’ll send you one Latif - I’ve just rebuilt against that

1 Like

Oh, ok. I usually make my local builds with the mk1 script, which enables exceptions. But I didn’t use to ship with them on. Perhaps some of those warning are from code only used by exceptions? Still not good, of course.

A new windows version is available with plenty of fixes and V2 updates like backlights, new knobs etc. Still some issues to fix but getting there…

Release v2.0.2 - 042a9ce0 · kockie69/SquinkyVCV-main (github.com)

Be aware it is compiled against the lates Rack version 042a9ce0.

4 Likes

Thanks Robert - I posted a Mac build for 042a9ce0 to your GitHub issues.

2 Likes

Do you mind if up make links pointing to your repo for the squinky ports?

No idea what you mean by this question, but do whatever you want…

I build a new release for windows (git 042a9ce0) which can be found here:

Releases · kockie69/SquinkyVCV-main (github.com)

If anyone can build for linux and/or Mac and forward so I can upload them that would be great.

1 Like

I’ll give you a fresh mac build, but is there a branch for 2.0.3? The plugin.json reads 2.0.2.