[POLL] which improvements would you like to see most in vcv?

sry. It just struck me as a really unlikely thing for VCV to do - supporting competing third party formats. But I guess you never know.

6 Likes

Also supporting Softube seems like limited return for the investment. I canā€™t think of anything Softube offers that I canā€™t do in VCV. They have some nice modules but I donā€™t see a lot of people spending the money necessary to get them.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve brought them in using VCV Host and it worked OK (although I more or less reached @shofbā€™s conclusion)

Option in menu for several diferent template charge modes like in Ableton Live or FL. That be possible edit and save more that one template mode in the command ā€œoverwrite templateā€.

5 Likes

In the module browser I would like to be able to define my own tags (besides ā€˜Favouritesā€™)

4 Likes

Iā€™ve always thought a cool addition would be a Navigator. Something like Adobe Photoshop has. It would make navigation large patches while zoomed in much easier.

1 Like

Maybe this;

1 Like

I have used GOTO but it never works reliably for me.

Iā€™ve gotten pretty quick at zooming in/out with the middle mouse button though.

2 Likes

Finish ā€œComing Soonā€ and ā€œTODOā€ documentation on VCV modules.

8 Likes

Better API docs. Much more info on developing modules, including UI (not everything is DSP). Docs on the overall structure and high level flow of UI and signal processing, including plugin (VST) vs standalone.

5 Likes

View/Zoom to fit

Zoom so that all modules are fully visible, as large as will fit in the window.

3 Likes

Yeh yeh I know you want it build in in vcv butā€¦(Stoermelder Stroke)

I hover over a module and press ā€œ1ā€ on my keyboard it zooms in to that module, when I press ā€œ1ā€ again it zooms out max ( so I see all the modules in the patch)

5 Likes

I have Stroke in my startup template and I didnā€™t realize it did that. You learn something new every dayšŸ™‚

1 Like

wonderful! again something learned. thanks

2 Likes

Event handler (methods) when loading and saving a preset.

At the moment, Module::onAdd and Module::onSave methods work for patches only, but not for presets.

Also, ability to ā€œjsonā€ save but only wanted parameters (aka dataToJson independent).

Itā€™s a related post, here (by Ahornberg), but no reply.

Well, if you want a reply from VCV, then email support@vcv.com

1 Like

Well, if you want a reply from VCV, then email support@vcv.com

I knowā€¦ :wink:

Iā€™m preparing a ā€œkind of listā€ before to email to support.

GFX hardware acceleration

Since many years, GFX cards can vectorize

1 Like

Are you talking about for DSP? Thatā€™s almost entirely on the module side of things, and generally irrelevant for Rack itself (VCVā€™s modules are just more modules in this respect).

Anything along this line is currently highly hardware-dependent and nonportable and also pretty much unproven, so I donā€™t think itā€™s a good investment in time or effort for VCV.

As for the rendering, VCV is already using GFX acceleration ā€“ thatā€™s why there are specs for minimum graphics hardware for VCV.

One way to make VCV run on thin old machines with no additional graphics hardware would be to drop the free zoom level to fixed zoom levels like 30% 40% 50% ā€¦ 170% 180% and so on. Then VCV could render all screen elements for that zoom levels in advance to pixel images. Most DAWs and VSTs with zoom settings work that way.

On the other hand, Iā€™m not sure if users really want that zoom limitations. As long as VCV only runs on Win/Mac/Linux, thereā€™s no real need for that. If someone wants VCV on mobile devices, fixed zoom levels an pre-rendered screen elements could be a solution.