plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

I un-deleted your posts

Thank you!

I don’t know. If you, or anyone, knows where this is documented, please let me know. Thanks.

I have no idea to be honest. Perhaps shoot Andrew a pm because I’m sure he mentioned this specifically.

I’d love to see Meander in V2.

2 Likes

You could put a question in the developement category, there are many helpfull and skilled folks.

1 Like

Thank you Stephan. Based on a community member tests, it appears that the singleton Meander plugin module should port to V2 fairly easily. I will do that before I consider again efforts to get rid of globals.

6 Likes

Looking good! Just had a play with FiFo!

1 Like

How do I request a VCV Rack Pro or VST developer’s license. I never received any notice of such, probably because I was inactive during the past year.

I guess because you announced leave the develop of the module some month back

you should mail to support@vcvrack.com

Thanks David. I have now submitted the Support request.

2 Likes

I am considering to open-source the Autinn plugin.

As I am not really working on it anymore, but recently got word that some is still using it. Then maybe some kind folks would port it to Rack v2.

I have no clue what license to put on it though, is GPL the preferred choice for plugins?

5 Likes

GPL-3 is what Andrew typically recommends, though you are free to choose whichever license you feel is best. If you would like to transfer the Plugin then you need to let Andrew know, or if you want someone else to edit it but you maintain ownership then you can open it up and I am fairly sure someone (possibly even me) can make changes and then you would just have to accept pull requests.

1 Like

I would like to do it. Although in terms of time frame, it would take a couple of weeks as I’m finishing up a few other modules. You could send me the code in the mean time and I can set up a GitHub repo for it.

Please PM me details if you’re interested. Thanks.

3 Likes

Nice work Steve! Appreciate your helping this community make sure we don’t lose too many plugins!

1 Like

Thanks mate! There’s a few more on my list, but they’ll have to wait for the moment. I’ll also get another long forgotten module done for v2 at some point. It’s been taken with permission from the original hardware owner and so needs a new panel cough @Pyer Back in the day it was never even ported to v0.6! :astonished:

3 Likes

I’m a graphic designer if you need a hand, at least temporarily.

1 Like

Oh cool! I’ll bear that in mind, like I said that particular one won’t be done for a while. Although I do still have my v0.6 version up and running, so I at least have a working prototype.

Nice, which plugin is yours?

Thank you for the offer, I will PM you. I will make the source available on my github, so you can just fork it from there. My github wiki also have the manual and changelog.