plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

Hello, did anybody have info about the moDllz plugins being ported to V2?

Thanks!

Looks like they are on the way.

1 Like

FYI noobhours modules are coming to V2. Work in progress as confirmed on GitHub.

4 Likes

SV Modular Synthetic, DrumKit Pro, Synthetic FX, DrumKit and Charred Desert were released earlier this week.

6 Likes

done :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I did find this, and it has helped, but it’s not quite there. I’ve been using the Instruo quantizer for a bit now, and while it definitely isn’t the same thing, it’s kept me busy exploring it (and all the other Instruo fun). Thanks for bringing it up tho, Lazy Susan has been helpful for sure.

I miss PolyScope in particular.

1 Like

As a PSA of sorts, I’m posting this here as notification of the future of these modules.

The author has stated that one can build for their own personal use, there will be no official build in the VCV library.

1 Like

@rsmus7 Maybe time for an update of your list?

• Blamsoft: “I got email back saying nothing has happened yet, but they are “thinking about it””, via this Facebook post.
  • Autodafe: 3 plugins are updated to v2 and are in the library. “REDs FREE” is still not updated.
  • RJModules: Builds and loads on Mac and Linux(?), problems on Windows. Developer seems to have lost interest and not responding.
  • Wrong People: Updated to v2, developer is missing/not responsive for a long time.
  • Mog: Updated to v2, developer does not want to submit an update.
  • TheXOR: Netboy3 has made the upgrade and is trying to speak with the developer to clarify status.
  • moDllz: Being worked on.
  • Magus Instrumentalis Polymaths: Update in progress.
  • Alikins: Updated by Netboy3. Developer seems unresponsive and gone missing from Rack.
  • Stoermelder: In progress, preliminary builds available.
  • Repelzen: Developer (ablaut) intends to update but nothing happening yet. Is updated by Steve Russel and works.
  • Wiqid Anomalies: (also ablaut) Updated and works but nothing happening officially yet.
  • Kautenja: In progress.

… and there’s more but now I’ve done my bit :slight_smile: Lots of AWOL developers, where the plugin is updated by others, but it will never get into the library so the “unofficial library” just grows, kinda sad if you ask me and I don’t think we should be done with debating “the adoption policy” yet.

6 Likes

I’m sorry, but I can’t read it that way at all. Making a build that you intend to use is your personal use. Making a build that you intend other people to use, is clearly not ‘your personal use’.

If there is any permission to offer builds, it certainly doesn’t seem to be ‘explicit’.

2 Likes

That said, the source code (but not the graphics) have been licensed under CC0.

Nice update. No news about Studio 6+1? I read there was some development there as well but as you said, there are others.

Thanks! No, sorry, I have no knowledge of that.

Last I heard the dev abandoned it (he was having some problems getting it working on Mac in v2 iirc and didn’t have a Mac to test with or the time to work on it) - but he also said he would be happy if someone were to adopt it. I’m a little surprised that hasn’t happened as there are some excellent modules in there. Iverson Jr. is probably the best gate/drum sequencer for mapping to hardware like Launchpad/Push etc.

2 Likes

Yeah it was great for launchpads and I miss it not being available.

Yes exactly. Some really good modules in there, definitely a shame if there’s no port availabe.

Reading it back, I agree with your assessment. Will edit the post.

1 Like

RJModules has responded. Developer is happy to accept a pull request, initial conversion is done but there’s some tricky stuff left to do.

4 Likes

Seems like you’ve re-deleted the repository, since the link does not work. Can you confirm that there’s no available Wrong People binaries hanging around? If it’s so, maybe the list from @rsmus7 should be updated.