plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

wrote to them via their website, but no answer till now

You could try offering beer and cigarettes…

7 Likes

@KlirrFactory Hagen where are you? We miss you, and we have beer and cigs here!! :smiley:

3 Likes

I heard the updates are ready shortly after his website gets an imprint, a cookie banner, a gdpr-page and is reachable via https :stuck_out_tongue:

Just completed migrating Sculpt-O-Sound to V2 and posted a PR for the dev. He was pretty responsive during the V1 migration and added another module post V1 so hopefully he’s attentive now. As usual, I’ve opened a migration post on the Repo’s issue tracker with V2 test builds.

5 Likes

Loads fine on my Mac. Bless 'ya netboy3 :+1:

1 Like

Any news on the Little Utils (their teleport modules are really all I’m after)?

I saw above someone had compiled them successfully on a mac, but I don’t want to get involved in the SDK side of things. Hoping someone is working on a build for Windows or an alternative, they’re so useful for stopping patches getting messy. I think some people who are used to hardware modular dig the cables, and don’t see them after a while, but I sure do.

I’m not sure why the dev has not submitted them to the library yet - I’ve been using them without any issues in v2 for months.

Then I live in hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

You don’t need to. @Jens.Peter.Nielsen keeps a collection of compiled plugins that aren’t yet in the library. It’s also linked above. Download a file, save it to your plugins folder, and launch Rack. It will extract the modules for you.

3 Likes

It is an unfortunate trend in the current layout of older plugins. Many devs have moved on with their lives, and are either busy or not interested, but their GitHub repo is still linked to a monitored email. When I open a “migration completed” PR, they get an email with a link, click on the link, glance at the commits (maybe), then push the big green button to merge and they are done. The current process for submitting to the library is comparatively too manual and labor intensive than a click or two, so they simply don’t bother. With the current situation about adoption and library submission rules, this is not going to change.

1 Like

Thanks so much for that info, so nice to see these modules again

and mucho thanks of course to @Jens.Peter.Nielsen for taking the time to set all that up!

6 Likes

Stash no more ?

It’s taken down now. Much work - and licensing ?'s

1 Like

Too bad, but maybe better this way.

Understood, of course.

The situation you describe seems odd to me. The process for submitting to the library is awfully easy if you are already in there. I can see a dev not paying any attention at all, an perhaps never merging a pull request though.

I’ve looked at some of the V2 ports you’ve done, and they seem very nice (and proper :wink:

Are you finding that you don’t want to do so much of that, or are you running into devs that don’t want to give permission for anyone to take over their plugins?

2 Likes

The situation you describe seems odd to me

It might sound odd to you as you probably haven’t been porting any modules, but if you ask the few of us that try to port as many modules as possible to keep this project running for everyone - those are common occurrences.

The process for submitting to the library is awfully easy

Please note in my post that I’ve mentioned “comparatively”. Relative to clicking on a link then clicking on a big green button, it’s more manual. What is easy for you is “not in scope” for many devs that have moved on. Why? go figure…

Are you finding that you don’t want to do so much of that

I’ll be happy to be able to submit to the library, but doing so is only allowed to the owner and the new library rules are now restricting us from adopting unless we get an explicit approval from the plugin owner. Some plugin devs simply do not communicate, but just merge and then disappear. Why? go figure…

2 Likes

Ah, ok. Tx for the clarification - makes sense. And you are correct, I have not been porting any plugins in the sense you mean it. I did port my demo plugins from 1.0 to 2.0, and long ago did port my 0.6 plugins to 1.0.

Just to let you know, Little Utils is coming to Rack v2 soon! I didn’t have much time for it before, but now I’m mostly done with the port, and will be submitting it to the plugin library during the next couple of days.

18 Likes