plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

Thanks! No, sorry, I have no knowledge of that.

Last I heard the dev abandoned it (he was having some problems getting it working on Mac in v2 iirc and didn’t have a Mac to test with or the time to work on it) - but he also said he would be happy if someone were to adopt it. I’m a little surprised that hasn’t happened as there are some excellent modules in there. Iverson Jr. is probably the best gate/drum sequencer for mapping to hardware like Launchpad/Push etc.

2 Likes

Yeah it was great for launchpads and I miss it not being available.

Yes exactly. Some really good modules in there, definitely a shame if there’s no port availabe.

Reading it back, I agree with your assessment. Will edit the post.

1 Like

RJModules has responded. Developer is happy to accept a pull request, initial conversion is done but there’s some tricky stuff left to do.

4 Likes

Seems like you’ve re-deleted the repository, since the link does not work. Can you confirm that there’s no available Wrong People binaries hanging around? If it’s so, maybe the list from @rsmus7 should be updated.

I took my share offline, and it will not be back.
I don’t know if anyone else is hosting binaries.

The update is made here:

It builds and loads fine on my Mac. Maybe you or a friend can build it for you. It’s tricky sharing the builds because everytime someone does that they get told “you can’t do that” which is sad. So the un-official library of updated plugins is driven underground. If you’re on Mac you could DM me …

2 Likes

Any news about StochKit plugins? Their stuff is unique (Stitcher being maybe the craziest module I’ve ever seen in the Rack world).

2 Likes

They build and work with just a version bump.

1 Like

A make bumpbuild would be very useful for keeping the source unmodified, yet quite build-able. GPL-3+

1 Like

Then it’s just the makefile modifying the source (the manifest) rather than your own editor. Same difference.

I don’t think it involves distribution of modifications. Also I think such modules should be LGPL as technically the whole build and use includes Rack.

Someone will accidently push updates where as a grep/awk/sed on the .json by the build tool leaves such a thing impossible.

Hey Lars. Is there a Mac Plugin build available for the RJModules? The link points to a Master branch only right?

Big thanks for the update and to Steve for the work on Repelzen!

3 Likes

cvly is on its way

9 Likes

Yup, should be headed towards the library now.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks John! A lot of people will be happy, including me.