plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

I also emailed them a few days ago. No response so far. I guess the problem is that they used some code, they also use in commercial software, so they don’t want to make it open source. On the other hand, it does not bring them any revenue to update the free plugins.

I mentioned in the email that it should that some of us could help under a non-diclosure agreement or similar. Let’s see whether there will be any response.

4 Likes

:pray:t3:

any word on amalgamated harmonics?

3 Likes

Poking again at the same bear, any news on Axioma ? I miss Tesseract dearly, and also Ikeda… Beside that V2 is AWESOME.

PR posted Pull requests · wiqid/repelzen · GitHub

Windows build: Windows test build of v2 migration PR (includes iggylabs' PR) · Issue #1 · SteveRussell33/repelzen · GitHub

3 Likes

Here’s a link to the Lomas github issue where I posted a V2 built plugin for all three platforms. I’ve also posted a PR for the dev that adds a few more fixes to the one that @steve did in the hopes that the dev will merge and push to the library. Until then, enjoy the one above.

6 Likes

I completed the V2 port of alto777_LFSR and qwelk. They needed a bit more then just a manifest change, but nothing major. I’ve posted PRs for both devs in the hopes they’ll merge and push to the library. Until then, I’ve posted V2 pre-built binaries for all platforms in each of the respective github repos. You can get to them here: alto777_LFSR and qwelk.

7 Likes

That’s great news. I’ll find some time to play around with them tomorrow.

Guess you’re right about something being messed up in my build environment; the same thing happens when I make your v2 migration and another single module project that I tried to build. Builds ok but again, VCV crashes in the module browser.

So what I did was to try to build a single module (Plurm) which - of course - crashed. Then I installed it from the library. I opened up both plugin.dll’s in dependencies and saw a glaring difference. Unlike the release plugin, there is this reference to libgcc_s_seh-1.dll

bad

Any clue what to do next? Some configuration change? Discord a better place to hash out this kind of stuff?

this is what i used before rewin. its pretty close.

1 Like

That’s a DLL that’s part of GCC compiler toolset.

How often do you update your buildchain? Use pacman -Syuu and see if any packages need updating. You should be using GCC v11.2

$ g++ --version
g++.exe (Rev3, Built by MSYS2 project) 11.2.0
Copyright (C) 2021 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Thanks, yeah, I regularly update with -Syu did it yesterday. Saw your reply and did it again. I was at g++.exe Rev2 11.2.0 Rev2. Just did -Syuu and got a few updates and went to G++ Rev 4. But it also updated these components, and I was hopeful:

gcc-libs (11.2.0-1 → 11.2.0-2)
mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc-libs (11.2.0-2 → 11.2.0-4)
mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake (3.22.0-2 → 3.22.1-1)
mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc (11.2.0-2 → 11.2.0-4)

But I did a build, same deal with the DLL. Same crash.

I did a build of @ Steve_Russell versions of Repelzen modules for Mac, since there was only a Windows build:

1 Like

Thank You! Seems to work fine so far!

1 Like

Since I am not currently able to build this, it would be much appreciated if you (or someone else if you don’t use windows) could add win.vcvplugin so that I can use Repelzen.

Steve already posted a Windows build he did above.

Awesome! Thank you. And thank you @ Steve_Russell

As an update, I was finally able to successfully build after deleted the SDK and grabbed the latest one. Built Extratone modules (Hallucingenia…) and RCM modules successfully - YAY YAY! Thanks again to Steve.

3 Likes

So far I have read mention of all the module brands, which are still MIA and I have actually used, being worked on by someone except for one… Does anyone know if Instruo will be joining us?

P.S. While I do not have a clue about programming, it has been interesting to follow along with the the developers in here, helping each other out. I am grateful to you all for what you do and the spirit in the way you do it. An extra portion of gratitude to the developers who are working to drag along the brands of busier/less interested folks. Thanks to you all.

3 Likes
2 Likes