plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

yes, as time allows for the dev

2 Likes

I cloned the Stocaudio repo, changed the version to “2.01” at the top of plugin.json and it built fine.

It also appears to work. I mostly cared about Spread - which converts polyphonic to monophonic with variable width (i.e. spreading voices across the stereo field) and attenuation. But I’ll try other modules.

These were developed by @aptrn (Allesandro Petrone), and I don’t know if anyone has asked him about V2 plans.

1 Like

Hi Omri, I value your opinion, so I’d like to know, would you like the “key” in a stereo Oppressor to be:

1. mono and apply to both main-channels
  2. stereo and apply to the respective main-channel? (dual mono)
  3. stereo but have the loudest key-channel per band from each key-channel to apply to both main-channels

I am also imagining a “mix” would be useful where the key is mixed in the output…

Many thanks!

I think in mine (Comp II) “stereo” is dual mono, “linked stereo” is mono and apply to both? image

1 Like

I appreciate I, thank you :slight_smile: I guess that you will have a new module for that? Since there’s not a lot of space on the panel. In that case, I think that having a dual mono solution might be best, and have the “left” channel normalize to the right in case you have a stereo input but a mono key signal. If indeed you’re planning to create a new module, it would be interesting to have an envelope output for the effect envelope so the oppression (ducking) itself. Thanks again so much!

I’ve asked Gerhard if I could take over the maintenance of both Southpole repos. He asked that we speak of this by email and I wrote to him with an explanation of what’s involved and my future plans, including the addition of other modules which I’ve done. He has yet to get back to me after about 2 weeks so I’m assuming he’s busy with his physics work @ CERN.

So for the time being neither Southpole collection will be in the library. Due to other commitments I have slowed down my work on them for the time being. Rest assured they will be finished. They’re in private repos atm to allow time for Gerhard to get back to me as I want him to have the first review of them in case he wants to change some things himself.

6 Likes

Yeah, new module for sure.

Dual-mono with Left and Right normalled inputs sounds perfect. Many thanks!

For the envelopes cv-out… it would mean 20 outputs (10 bands, 2 channels), alternatively this could be a separate module too… like mono-audio-in to 10-band-envelopes…

Would you want those to:

1. follow the envelope of the input
  2. follow the “oppression”, i.e. High when no oppression, and lower when oppressed… so follow the volume-“fader” of the band.

Skrylar Skylights is also buildable with just a slug change. @Skrylar do you have any plans to update for V2?

1 Like

If this was directed at me, I did actually migrate to V2, and sent to Andrew, but I guess he is swamped at the moment :slight_smile:

Are you taking over Skylights?

That’s great! And yeah, I mean having an envelope of the resulting effect basically. For example, using the envelope to “duck” a filter at the same time. Does this make sense?

1 Like

I think jonas was saying his plugin is in the library not that he was planning to take over skrylar.

1 Like

No :slight_smile: It just looked like you responded to my post (it was listed as a reply to me)… I thought you said that it would be easy to migrate Flag to V2. (and it was)

Sorry for the confusion!

Flag just updated through the library

5 Likes

my plugins (autodafe) are already updated for Mac and Win. on Linux, only 2 collections are already working, still need to fix some issues on my REDs collection

5 Likes

You can take these off the list:

• Tiny Tricks: Can be downloaded and compiled, works, is just not in the library yet.
  • Expert Sleepers: Both the plugins are now in the library.
2 Likes

I’m simply not upgrading to V2 without Hallucigenia… It is one of my absolute favorite modules! I hope you can find time to update them! :beers: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

it will be there, I have a running build that seems fine

2 Likes

That is great news! Thanks

Can anyone build a Windows copy of tiny tricks? It’s a great collection and I’m excited to try rb8 in bitwig, but have no skills to build.