Plugins that are built for Rack v2

I’ve reached out to Jake who did the excellent 21kHz modules to ask permission to have them added to the v2 VCV library when that goes live. I’ve nearly finished them for v2 and there, hopefully, will also be a “Southpole” version which again I’ve nearly finished doing. This will be added to the main Southpole repo for v2. You’ll be able to have both the originals and Southpole versions in your Rack should you wish.

4 Likes

DHE-Modules wip/v2 branch currently builds and runs on my Macs (macOS Big Sur) with VCV Rack 2.git.042a9ce0. It also builds and passes tests on Windows and on the wrong version of Linux.

As usual, I’m experimenting with various unwarranted and unwise coding shenanigans, so you never know if any branch will continue to compile. But if you need a commit that builds, you can likely find a “green” one in my repo’s Actions tab.

8 Likes

No word on the Stellare Modular plugin suite & Stellare Link ?

1 Like

Ahornberg 2.0.0 alpha Windows build compiled and tested against Rack 2.git.042a9ce0

7 Likes

Although Lomas only has 2 modules, I use both of them in pretty much every patch. I messaged the developer a week ago regarding plans for a v2 port but have not heard anything back (and he has no activity on GitHub since Feb 2020) so figured I would have a go at porting them myself, and with some help from Marc when I got stuck, (I got stuck quite a lot…) I have a fork of Lomas that compiles and works in v2. Hopefully we’ll hear from the developer before Rack 2 launches officially (I’ve sent him a pull request) but if not at least they should remain available.

9 Likes

@Ahornberg I uploaded a Mac build to your GitHub issues.

2 Likes

I had to comment out - include “window.hpp” to get PdArray to compile too

try #include window/Window.hpp. I believe that works if it should prove necessary. You can see on gh where Andrew has made this change when the v1 version had include window.hpp.

Including any Rack header file other than rack.hpp is unsupported/unstable. rack.hpp includes all of Rack’s plugin API.

1 Like

was this true in v1 or is this new in v2?

I think since v1, yes.

2 Likes

Little Utils (with the excellent Teleport modules among others) now has a v2 branch. Just a basic port so far with v2 specific features like port labels etc expected to be added later.

4 Likes

cf posted a Mac build for Rack 2 on Facebook. :smiley:

2 Likes

they build fine on Win10 64bit too :+1:

1 Like

I’ve got a v2 branch for Algomorph, successfully building against 042a9ce0 here on Windows. I have the lights and display working with the room brightness down, but for now there’s no bloom implemented anywhere. I’ve updated the buttons to match the new v2 ones, but other than that there aren’t any v2-specific features implemented. I’ve also removed the glowing panel ink, for now at least.

2 Likes

And builds on Win10 without so much as a single warning. Nice!

here is my positive list so far, 64 plugins with 1278 modules:

7 Likes

I have added a mac build to my repo, if you want to grab it.

@baconpaul , @janne808 , @unlessgames , @gluethegiant , @23volts , also for your sources.

1 Like

Spent some time the last couple days compiling and playing around with with 042a9ce0. ChowDSP and Agave modules are both now working with v2! Thanks for making the porting process pretty easy :slight_smile:.

7 Likes

We’re getting there… 1426 modules now!

2 Likes