Plugins that are built for Rack v2

Use this fork to build for v2 until Stoermelder gets around to accepting pull requests.

1 Like

Thanks I’m downloading it now. I’ve never developed in VCV or used C++ so this is all new to me. :slight_smile:

Thank you! Will see if I can figure it out.:pray:

I’m a bit behind - lots of work on the surge xt beta - but do I need to do something now rack 2 is out? My plugs all compile but is there a rack 2 library step now?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Please submit to the appropriate Library issue as usual. Thanks.

1 Like

Very much looking forward to Bacon in Rack 2. And hopefully the 303 module? :wink:

No, don’t do that. The author has indicated that for is only for debugging, not general distribution.

Oh. Sorry :confused:

It was the only way to get working midi mapping.

oh, it’s fine. let me modify that - if you want to test the Stoermelder plugins (which are pretty bleeding edge atm) then probably the best source it his repo, and I think his incorporated Steve’s fixes.

1 Like

It’s not going to be trivial, but if you are lucky and motivated you will be able to do it in several hour. Look at the “building” instructions in the VCV manual, they are very good.

That said, most people who build already know how to use git, bash, make, etc… so prepare for some learning.

Also, the v2 test version of those plugins is on a git branch, so after you do git clone you will need to do git checkout v2-dev (assuming the branch is called v2-dev).

It’s all ready to go just need to figure out what the community lib protocol is

just as it was before, use the initial issue as you did in v1

1 Like

Yup thanks! All submitted now

4 Likes

@stoermelder said Stroke isn’t working. The stuff I use all the time does work. I have built it myself.

Hi I would like to report a bug, When I patch a simple patch using Prism Rainbow v2.3.2 on Rack 2.0.1 standalone version. After saving the patch and quitting Rack , relaunching crashes Rack… so as opening the saved file … I can send the patch file if needed

I am running Rack on Macbook Air M1 Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91) Thanks

@groovemeditation Sorry to hear you’re having issues. Edited, as I misread the post. What Lars said…

1 Like

Actually it should only go there if you have a bug with a purchased VCV Rack Pro or VCV module. With other, third-part (non-VCV) modules it should go to the developer of it, in this case:

1 Like

I’ve pushed a fix for the LEDs not working in dark mode. I was going to release this after a few more days testing. It might help with any relaunch/opening patch crashes.

I wouldn’t mind seeing that patch actually, please send it. Thanks.

Hey Steve , Thanks for the reply here’s the patch rainbow v2.vcv (2.6 KB)

1 Like

OK I’ve tried your patch (very nice) and I’m not getting any crashes either loading it or reloading after emptying the rack. Relaunching Rack with the patch doesn’t crash either.

Unless you or someone else has a similar problem, I’ll submit this update to the library.