Pics Of Your Studio

Sorry :

3 Likes

My herd is not so much a collection as insurance against the darn things breaking. Note that two of my instances are Free42. Thatā€™s installed on all my Linux boxes, and the other is on a first gen Moto G that showed up in a junk pile much after I bought the old Pioneer series calculators. Iā€™ve used RPN so long that every time I try to use a non-RPN calculator, I want to fling it against the wall, and while I do have a TI84 and TI85 a got at a garage sale before I found the HPs at a price Iā€™d pay, they are clunky and annoying to use. One HP42s Iā€™ve had for a while from a former boss, but given their price on the used market, I was afraid of losing it or having it stolen, so it never left the house. Were I to do it all again, Iā€™d probably just run Free42 on a phone. The serious stuff gets done on my Linux boxes where I have Maxima, SciLab, and a boat load of programming languages. The calculators are still handy for that not-quite-back-of-the-envelope stuff.

Iā€™m the operator of my analog pocket curta calculator :joy:

3 Likes

Iā€™ld like to eat at the restaurant where that comes out when they ask if you want black pepperā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

Perfect for those ā€œblack pepperā€¦ and the billā€ moments

2 Likes

I havenā€™t touched my HP48sx since I installed Droid48:

Love those things. Want to get one of my own, but have no way of affording the mad prices they go for.

Should we perhaps split the thread?

ā€˜Pics of your Studioā€™ and ā€˜Pics of your Calculatorsā€™

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Madness, itā€™ll be OnlyFans pages next :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Whether I use Free42 or the real thing depends solely on which is quicker to hand. The hp32s with the dog bite marks (long story), lives in the kitchen for doing recipe scaling. I should glue on a couple of scrap neodymium magnets, and stick it to the fridge.

Hereā€™s my ā€˜studioā€™. Going minimal at the minute: no leather studio chair, beechwood desk, massive monitor, or rack of beautiful modules :frowning: One laptop, a 25 note mini keyboard, a panel of midi knobs. And a mouse, but no cat.

When my cat was still with us, heā€™d have definitely sat on these things

7 Likes

Simple is good.

Get a new kitten.

1 Like

I know, But every time I think of doing that, I remember that our Moozle was one in a million cats. Quite un-cat like in many ways, much less aloof and living in parallel. People tell me that siamese are more like that, never had first hand experience.

One very on-cat-message behaviour though was sitting on the current object of interest - whatever that was at the time.

I notice that the Behringer Crave has photo bombed this picture. Iā€™d put it back the box as a sort of ā€˜it does one thingā€™ unit. But I heard some Crave work on instagram yesterday and liked it, so it may make it back onto the first team. Then thereā€™s the Volcaā€¦and so the cycle begins again

I think the same thing when a good cat dies. We have three right now. Two are very personable in their own individual ways. The third is a psycho, and there is mutual dislike all around.

I donā€™t know why it would make any difference, but two of the best cats weā€™ve ever had have been black cats. Really, really friendly. Sometimes, a cat is a person-cat and sometimes a cat is a cat-cat. These two black cats loved both people and other cats. Here is a picture of one of them, Stormy, after he crawled into the box with another of our cats which had kittens a short time before:

13 Likes

Since studio muses are on topic:

6 Likes

Aaah. Lovely photos both of them. When I was a boy we had three cats, one for each sibling, and theyā€™d sleep all curled up together.

Yes thatā€™s right, Iā€™d like a people-cat but hard to know how to find one. We keep thinking about getting a dog, but Iā€™ve never owned one and it seems like a huge commitment these days.

I can imagine music making in our studios with a loyal pet looking on would be a fine way to spend an evening.

1 Like

We took in a stray cat two years ago. Aaand, heā€™s a nice fellow, easy with the kids but very much a cat-cat. As in: I donā€™t think he gives a fuck about us and most of the time, when heā€™s not outside, he sleeps in the spare room where heā€™s unbothered by our existence. This here has happened about four, five times in these two years, but I like him :slight_smile:

5 Likes

One of my cats hates people. When she sees people outside she growls at them. If anyone comes inside the garden gate she runs and hides.

1 Like

We are still shocked, our Romeo died on Easter sunday
He was my companion during work: I work at home doing a lot of webrtc and he was always walking on my Roland D50 that sits at my right asking for a caress :cry: :cry: :cry:

10 Likes

thatā€™s sad

1 Like